Did something change?

WaltH

Enlightened
When I go to the CPF site it looks different today than it did yesterday. It's missing something.

Anybody else experiencing this?

redbird

Enlightened
I have to 2nd that oponion
wink.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidW:
There are more changes on the way.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to criticize your fine efforts to bring us the CPF...BUT the old format was more comforting and a lot easier to use.

Can we go back in time...to the "good old days"?

confused.gif

(Or should I rather say..."back into the future".)

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
it feels like I'm being punished for something, and I don't know what it is

I feel that way every day. But that`s another story.

First we`re not allowed HTML anymore (I like HTML!), now this.

What`d I do? If it`s my ever-delayed review site, sorry
frown.gif
My computer`s broked. It won`t work right and I can`t afford a new one.

rolleyes.gif

bladerunner

Newly Enlightened
The old way was like an Arc AAA, perfect and easy to use. The new way is like a mag solitaire, you have to constantly *f* around with it to get anything out of it.
mad.gif

some people collect stamps???

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Put me in the "Negatory" column with all the others. Seems like politics is at work here: let's find a solution to a non-existent problem and then we'll mess with it all in the name of progress.
frown.gif
confused.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are more changes on the way

I`m scared now. Change confuses and muddles me, I liked it how it was.

I liked Ebay`s search system how it used to be, then they fiddled with it and now it`s nowhere near as user friendly (and a great many Ebay users hate it!). I hope your new additions actually will improve this place, not confuse it. I have every confidence that they will.

BTW can you add new/no new posts bulbs to those main category index links? On a bad day (ie when it all grinds to a halt here and/or crashes every other f*****g page) it can take me hours to view all the new posts- now with this extra page in the way that`s going to increase my time, especially if I go to one or more of these categories only to find there`s nothing new in there.

I never use "todays active topics" cos my Today is not your Today- Wales is about 8 hours behind the US and at midnight here it`s about 5PM board-time. Loads of messages get posted between then and your midnight when "todays topics" rolls over to another day, so I have to go by the blue/red folders and the little blue bulbs.

sorry, I`m waffling again. Suffice to say, I`m not happy now, but keeping my fingers crossed that I will be soon.

I need a beer.

rolleyes.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'm also dissatisfed with the new format. I'm the one that started a stink about it to begin with, and I see I wasn't smoking out of the wrong pipe after all.
grin.gif

It sucks I tell ya. It sucks sucks sucksucksucksucksuck suuuuckkks sucks sucks sucks!!! (to quote Beavis).

Whatever the reason for the change, I hope it's worth it in the end. I'd rather see it go back to how it was last week though. The way it is set up now, it feels like I'm being punished for something, and I don't know what it is.
frown.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Tex:
Let's not forget that this site is free and we are all guests.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are absolutely right.

For that very reason:

<LI>We must not whine.<LI>We must not whine.<LI>And finally...we must not whine.

We can only politely ask...with our CPF hats in hand!

smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I would also like to see the format changed back to the way it was.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidW:
There are more changes on the way.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DavidW,

This is a wonderful website and we all know how much creativity, effort and TIME has gone into its development, maintainance and improvement. To say that you deserve tremendous credit and appreciation would be an understatement.

That said, I must admit that I found the previous version quicker and easier to use, and more efficient in general.

Obviously, if you feel strongly about a particular design it is your prerogative to feature it, and we will adjust. If you feel like sharing your thinking on this subject, I (we) would be most interested.

Regardless of your decision, I greatly admire what you have created here.

Best regards,
Brightnorm

Bucky

Enlightened
Ditto exactly what Brightnorm said. I feel exactly the same way. I prefer the old, but its your site and we all are extremely lucky to have this site in the first place.

Bucky