Driver for 3D M@g?

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Want to power a single Lux III U bin vf 3.27-3.51 off three D alkalines or nimh (depending). Just wondering what driver would be best to use. Buck or boost? And which model. I would like multiple levels if possible. And how do you mount the driver boards in a m@g? Im new to all this so easier is definately better! Ha!
Thanks all

Meduza

Enlightened
You need a buck converter, but you dont got much headroom for a converter with 3 cells...

I would say that george80's D2DIM And a appropriate resistor would be a nice way, Direct Drive with multiple PWM levels.

Or for ease (no need to momentary switch mod), a Wiz2 971ma Buck/Boost from Sandwich shoppe, no multiple levels here, but a long regulated runtime...

Or the easiest, a appropriate resistor and nothing more :)

Last edited:

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Wizard2 sounds good. Just checked it out. Thanks mate. Another question, im modding a m@g 3D. Are there any multiple lvel buck/boost drivers which don't require modding the switch?

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
lukestephens777 said:
Wizard2 sounds good. Just checked it out. Thanks mate. Another question, im modding a m@g 3D. Are there any multiple lvel buck/boost drivers which don't require modding the switch?
no

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Am going with the wiz2 520ma from sandwich shoppe, with a .15 resistor to make it 937ma output. This should be sweet with my 3D M@g. Does anyone have any photos of the wiz2 and/or instructions on how to mount and pott in the m@g body? Any help would be appreciated