Easy prey? ID theft, snatch and grab....

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Like the narrator in the video said, these are common sense things that folks can do while at the gas station.

In this day & age, going around with your head in the clouds (or someplace else) is a great way to behave.... if you enjoy having your stuff stolen right from under your nose.

I mean really, is there a brain in there? :poke:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Thanks for posting that cy!! Just like all of the safety training I've had throughout my life - I never tire of tips like this, even if they are common sense - it serves to remind us of the awareness that we should have at all times in today's world!!

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
People get relaxed at gas stations when they pump gas. Same for supermarkets, video return drops, library book drops...I comment to the wife, "look, free car, purse...." Sad we have this type of society that we lose that trusting nature.

goldenlight

Enlightened
That's a *great* PSA!

I never lock my car when I'm putting gas it it, and my neighborhood pretty much *requires* a Glock 9mm loaded with +P+ hollowpoints just to get out of your car. I pay at the pump, and thought that by keeping an eye on the local riff-raff, I'd be OK.

I have a backpack I carry to work; I *always* stash it in the trunk when I'm going to stop at a store, but I never thought about theft at a gas pump. It has my checkbook, and enough other stuff for a complete identity theft, I'm sure.

There are always the cars with the 'boom-chuckka-boom-chuckka' pulling in and out, so the sound of somebody opening my passenger door could EASILY be drowned out. :twak:

Thanks for posting this! :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Illum

Flashaholic
RA40 said:
People get relaxed at gas stations when they pump gas.

usually thats the result from inhaling fumes....either the fumes from your pump or the pump right next to you from the guy in front or back of you.

I dont get relaxed....i get dizzy:ohgeez: