Chloride Bardic BM44/66S Looking for Info (pic heavy)

Radio

Modulated Moderator
I got this over the weekend at an Electronics show and swapmeet for Hams. I was told it was made in the UK and is for use in explosive enviroments. Anyone have any info on this light? I have scoured the net and come up completely empty. It seems Chloride Bardic makes Fire and Safety equipment and I found quite a few Mining lights and Fire lighting products but nothing at all resembling this light. Maybe it was never a full production light. I have included some pics to help with information gathering. Inside the light is a very heavy duty metal cage that houses two D cells. The light has a Key on the end that has a very fine threaded screw that allows you to open the light after about 5 mins of turning. The light works, uses a standeard PR based bulb and is actuated by depressing the entire black head and twisting into a locking ring. Kind of like a BNC connector type of engagement inside the head. Very stiff and almost impossible to accidently engage. Anyone have any info? I will try to get pics of the internals up soon.

p1010008me5.gif

p1010013qg2.gif

p1010014xg2.gif

p1010017dh1.gif

p1010018ws8.gif

p1010019pv5.gif

p1010020eb3.gif

p1010023wl5.gif

p1010024nc5.gif

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I have two of these, a two cell in blue and a three cell in yellow. As you say they are intrinsically safe lights for use in hazardous areas (cant be dismantled with out the key and cause a spark)

They were standard issue to UK fire services up to a few years ago.

You can still buy them new today.

Kind regards

Graham

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Should have looked before I opened my mouth, I cant find them now. I think RS had them listed but they don't now.

Here is a pic of one of my one's

L1000296.JPG

regards

Graham