Guarded Z59...You're gonna like this one

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend...4sevens, asked if I could make a new tailcap, or mod his existing U2 tailcap for tail stand operation, and he also wanted a t-pod mount.

David ended up getting just the guarded piece, I didn't know if I had the ability finish an entire switch housing. I figured it all out today.

This is without any doubt, a level 10 out of 10, on the difficulty scale for me. The inside dims really need to be spot-on for everything to work properly, there's also a very specific profile for the rubber boot to seal against (this portion of my switch body, is not exact) I would need to make an impression with modeling clay to see the exact profile of the cut...But I'm confident it will seal out the H2O properly.

After quite a bit of head scratching, staring, and subsequently silly p-types...say that threes time fast...;) Here are the end results...

Too bad I don't have the internals to finish it off, and test it out...Oh well, can't have everything...

I hope you like it...:grin2:

TB

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken, here is a photo of the part I made for David...

Thanks for the compliment,

TB

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! I can't wait for the Z59 to arrive from SF, I need the switch, boot and gasket to complete my switch.

The black tube is a 18650 rear load, single piece tube design.

TB