my first flashlight story

dandruff

Enlightened
Hey guys have a great story to share.

2 nights ago my flashaholism came in very handy. i was having a guys night out when my friend's mom called to tell him their dog was missing. we cut our night short to go back and help search for him. i stopped by my house to pick up my flashlights before going to his house. the lights involved were Magcharger1166, SF E2e and Aleph 1 SDC1000.

along the way i charged the magcharger with the car charger, i was worried it might not have enough juice because i dont leave it on the charger as i fear it might damage the cells. what is the best way to keep a rechargable fully topped up and ready-to-go? im clueless when it comes to battery stuff. is it possible to run eneloops on a 1166 or 1185? that would be perfect.

so i handed my SF and Aleph to my friends while i kept the magcharger to myself:D my friend lives in a condominum, so there were about a 1000 places a small terrier could hide and get lost or get stuck in some drain.

anyways it felt great that my 'weird' hobby came in so handy. it was really late and i cannot imagine searching the whole dark estate with a piddy 2aa minimag or the like. i have a very modest collection by cpf standards but they came in really handy, lighting up whole sections of drains and under/behind whole rows of cars. they also lit up the gardens really well, we spotted many cats hiding in bushes, again i think this would have been impossible with lesser lights.

in the past my friends thought i was crazy to be so interested in flashlights, but that night proves flashaholism is useful! vindicated! haha. they did comment (esp the aleph) on how the lights were 'very powerful'.

hope u liked the story!

- btw the dog was found the next day, a resident took him in the day before.

Last edited:

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
Great story :grin2:. I am still waiting for that opportunity to prove to my wife. I may go to the fuse box and turn it off for tonight :naughty:.

dandruff

Enlightened
dixemon said:
Yeah did anyone find fluffy?

yeah happy ending:) my friend put notices up and turns out he was found wondering outside the estate and was taken in by some kind person. lucky