If you're on the fence about getting an A2...

Terry M

Newly Enlightened
Then let me tell you how happy I am with mine.

I'm a service worker for a local utility. I was wanting a light that blew away the piece of crap that the company gives us. I got turned on to Surefire and after asking questions here I decided on a G2. Many people here tried talking me into the A2, saying how much better a light it is and how it would work so much better for my applications..... but I just couldn't justify the price.
The G2 is a great light, don't get me wrong, but I was going through batteries left and right. Finally I saved up money for an A2 and let me tell you, if you're trying to make the decision it's well worth the investment. I'm 2 weeks into using it and I've yet to change batteries only because I use the LED's when the situation permits and so I'm not burning up those batteries with the draining incandescents. But when I really need the light..... well, it more than provides the light I need.

I know there's plenty of posts here singing the praises of this light but I just had to add my own 2 cents on how great this light is.

Thanks for reading.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great post.

Additionally, some food for thought...
I think you are a prime candidate for a rechargable light since you use it so frequently. Get a 3W LED drop in for your G2 and power it with an AW 17670 or Pila 600s li-on rechargable protected battery. You can use the regular batteries if your rechargable runs out when you are in the field. Keep the P60 bulb in a SC1 spares carrier with the CR123's.

Last edited:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the 3W drop in module, they do make a good utility light. But anyways, welcome to the A2 cult...er...club! :)

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good points about the LED drop ins for the G2. But you don't get a low level with that, unlike the A2.

I'm glad you discovered the A2! It's one of my favourite lights.

Illum

Flashaholic
the G2 is a wonderful light, its also my first Surefire [bought thirdhand:ohgeez:]

now that I own an A2...the G2s still the light I use frequently...especially in crowded areas where a $200 light might not be too...safe:grin2:

UKSFighter

Newly Enlightened
Good story, of course I would suggest that everyone get a G2 and an A2 :) and several other lights as well.

Definitely get the LED dropin for the G2.... keep the P60 handy as well. You'll have to swap out the pieces sometimes, but worth it to run the G2 on rechargeables and you'll have a backup with the 123 cells and P60.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Terry Monk said:
Thanks for the suggestions and comments everyone!
Terry, I'm glad you found a light that really suits your job! The A2 is a great lgiht, it was my first real light. (Real expensive light that is, nothing wrong with Mag!)

Stay away from that McGizmo Forum! Or else your next step will be a McLux PD.... Half the size of the A2, double the runtime on half the cells. (Single cell) 2 stage led with a Piston for momentary, twisty head for latching. :laughing:

marxs

Enlightened
haha...thats actually my problem now! btw, how is the low beam on the pd compared to the low of the A2 (apart from the A2 being more floody). This id like to know as Im seriously contemplating on a PD, even a Ti :broke:

mark

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
marxs said:
haha...thats actually my problem now! btw, how is the low beam on the pd compared to the low of the A2 (apart from the A2 being more floody). This id like to know as Im seriously contemplating on a PD, even a Ti :broke:

mark

The PD on low will be brighter by a lil bit than the A2, but the A2 will obviously be more floody.

marxs

Enlightened
just what i wanted to hear :) (oh wait, is this the TY0J or UV1J?)

EDIT: i sent don an email, you know where this is going! psm, would you happen to have some time to take a beamshot of the A2 led compared to the pd on low? im just too excited.

mark

PoliceScannerMan said:
The PD on low will be brighter by a lil bit than the A2, but the A2 will obviously be more floody.

Last edited: