Drudge: North Korea just performed first nuclear test...

dfred

Enlightened
Strange there's nothing here:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Maps/10/125_40.php

One would think that unless the seismic data is somehow "blacked-out", any reasonable yield underground test would show here at magnitude >2.5. (You have to scroll to the right one step to see the rest of the NE portion of NK. )

Edit: Oops, looks like that map only shows >4.0 outside US... So this is a little more borderline if something would show here or not...

Last edited:

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
AlexGT said:
Bummer! I think Bush had his priorities mixed up, he should have taken out Korea instead of Iraq first.

Interesting times indeed.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/10/08/korea.nuclear.test/index.html

Actually, Bush should have concentrated on building up our borders and security here before deciding to dive head first into war elsewhere.....mark my words...things are only going to get worse for us in the near future. And no I am not paranoid, the writing is just on the wall. Bush fooled too many people...now the Muslim world hates us even more than they already did, and things continue to deteriorate with NK, China, Russia, etc.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do was always hold the US accountable for all world actions?

This had only partly to do with Bush as he cannot act unilaterality in this situation (I'm not a big fan but respect him as my President)...

the WORLD is responsible as we are all stakeholders in this planet.

Sad...Sad day IMHO and it is only MHO

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...I don't think they have a delivery vehicle that can reach NJ (or TX)...but I would be slightly concerned if in the Pacific NW...and I am concerned for folks I know that live up there.

My folks and my sister lived in Florida during the Cuban Missile Crisis (I wasn't around yet)...and they recalled that it was quite a frightening time...

JM-99

rastaman

Newly Enlightened
congratulations North Korea. nowadays every nation should own nuclear bombs for self defense purposes.

better would be no bombs at all, but man is not yet ready for that.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Would a Missle Reach So. California?
ooo.gif

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax said:
So Would a Missle Reach So. California?
ooo.gif

Hard to tell...their last missile test was somewhat of a failure. It has been theorized that the pacific northwest US would be pushing the limits of their missile capability.

It is also unclear whether they have a device small enough to be mounted on a missile........yet.

JM-99

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
The biggest threat is not whether or not they have missiles that reach the U.S.

It's whether or not they will sell a nuke to a terrorist organization or another rogue state..... :shakehead

The "War on Terror" has definately reached a new level.

WP

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
WAVE_PARTICLE said:
The biggest threat is not whether or not they have missiles that reach the U.S.

It's whether or not they will sell a nuke to a terrorist organization or another rogue state..... :shakehead

The "War on Terror" has definately reached a new level.
WP
The mentality of KJI, and other tyranically motivated leaders thrive off of instability and show classic signs that Hitler showed during his rise to power. I have some terrorism training, and from what I have been getting is that the US has not even come close to what is expected from terrorist strikes. I just hope that we in the States can become better prepared for future terrorism here.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
World War III will be fought with nuclear weapons.

World War IV will be fought with pickaxes.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah and we'll be fighting over food, too, probably with China, if things don't work out real well (and make those of us in the food distribution business millionaires) in the next 5 or 6 years..

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the question might be Why is it that humankind is always looking for ways to kill eachother? Can't we just get along?

And BTW If Korea decided to attack the US, I really wont think it would be with a missile, just smuggle a nuke into a ship container and send it over to the US.

AlexGT