Has anyone seen/tried this LED flashlight?

FILA BRAZILIA

Enlightened
Hello to alll :) Has anyone seen or tried out this light
http://theledlight.com/pro_white_flashlights.html ? The brightest model they have, is mod# XeLED-40W-HL-N. I use the twin-brother of this light, the XeLED-40W-R2-N. I am VERY happy with this one, it is VERY bright, and it has regulated output. In fact- more than 10 hours of bright light on 4 D cells rechargable NiMH. Amazing. (Bought this light from http://www.uvflashlights.com)
I haven`t seen ONE review of neither 2 lights mentioned in this thread, strange....:huh2:

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
5 years ago members here would have died for dropins like those however, at those prices, you're likely better off buying multiple Luxeon dropins from modders in here which will easily blow away 32 or even 40 5mm LEDs in output. The website claims "BRIGHTER than most of the Luxeon LED flashlights!" which is likely true if you're talking about single Lux I or even Lux III LED lights. Check out this and this as examples of the dropins made here.

Luxeon and similar high power LEDs (from cree, nichiaetc,) generally produce whiter lights and are MUCH MORE durable when they are overpowered. These high power LEDs are designed to dissipate heat much more efficiently than 5 mm LEDs and thus, survive longer. Really, if I had over $100 to spend on a light, I would have gone with one of the options above.

You said that the light is regulated. Is this due to the dropin module or the discharg of rechargeable cells you are using?

Last edited:

FILA BRAZILIA

Enlightened
The light is regulated, yes, I haven`t tested yet, but Xenopuselectronix (by mr Piers Hendrie) guess that my light (the XeLED-40W-R2-N) will run for minimum 10 hours on continous output. The "R2" by the way, stands for regulated (R) and 2. generation (2).
I am not sure if i understand your question, but, the flashlight I have (that is regulated) can run on both alkalines and NiMH, while the XeLED-40W-HL-N only runs on alkalines. If you put alkalines in the regulated version, it will nevertheless regulate the light output.
One more thing; I also have a Led Lenser (in the US- COAST) V2 16 flashlight, this one is quite bright, but my regulated Mag is brighter.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, the page above didn't have the R2-N and mentioned nothing about regulation, that is why I missed it.

Regulation is always GREAT! I'm glad that you love your light!

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
RE: You said that the light is regulated. Is this due to the dropin module or the discharg of rechargeable cells you are using?

I think what eebowler is trying to say is that due to the nature of rechargeable lithium cell that can provide quite stable output for a long period of time, one may even think that the unregulated flashlight is regulated!

Last edited: