Inova X1 vs Fenix E0?

Illum

Flashaholic
Which one is better in terms of brightness and use?

AFAIK their both $20 and....heh heh no, I prefer not to buy both [gasp, yes how unflashaholic i am... :sigh:]

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just made a quick comparison. The X1 is a little brighter and the flood is maybe 1/3 wider since the head is that much wider. Both are equally blue. I've not done runtime testing, but those that have show both lights pretty close. The X1 is very nice, but I prefer the E0, mainly because of its size which must be about 1/4 the volume of the X1 and great runtime. If you want a bit more punch and don't mind the extra size the X1 might be better.

Geoff

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got an X1...nice spillbeam, perfectly acceptable brightness and as an Inova owner yourself you'll know what sort of build quality to expect.

Problem is, it's too big for keychain or neck/lanyard carry and I have more powerfull lights in it's size ratio...so I am genuinely having trouble finding a niche/role for this neat little light.

Possibly one to just stick in an inside pocket of a jacket or a bag for discrete backup (with lithium cell of course...file and forget!).

CFU

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both excellent choices but I favor the latest incarnation of the X1. The x1 is built like a tank and has never failed me.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the E0 was cheaper than the X1?

Both $20 a pop mate.

In fact, you can get the X1's for $15 at "Batteryjunction" at the moment.
thumbsup.gif

CFU

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I should have mentioned before that, even after factoring in the greater weight, the X1 would be more likely to survive a hard fall. Also, having a momentary tail switch is certainly a plus, but not something I use very often.

Geoff

Illum

Flashaholic
alright fine.....

ill go for the...no....I'll buy both:ohgeez:

once I can figure out who much I spent on lights already and see how much I have left...

Martini

Enlightened
Remember also that the X1 runs on a AA, but li-ions are not recommended. However, if you have a phobia of those leaky AAAs, then it is a big plus. The X1 also comes in blue and green versions (but not red, unfortunately).

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I don't carry lights loose in my pocket, except my P1 in my backpocket, I went with the X1. It sits in a pocket of my backpack. The X1 is the light that made me rethink my decision to buy multi stage lights

Illum

Flashaholic
GarageBoy said:
Since I don't carry lights loose in my pocket, except my P1 in my backpocket, I went with the X1. It sits in a pocket of my backpack. The X1 is the light that made me rethink my decision to buy multi stage lights

My first multistage light is the A2:rock:, before then I always carried a sortment of lights for different uses:)....now that my china made photon-look-alkie died i figured i could use something else on the keychain:grin2:

looks like after this discussion I will have a fenix on the keys and X1 in the backpocket...:ohgeez:

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES GUYS!!:goodjob:

91bravo

Newly Enlightened
Inova X1 if you don't mind slightly bluish tint. Great runtime and I have run lithiums in mine for two months now with no problem.