FF1 Upgrade, need help!

Doug

Enlightened
Ok, this is what I want to do, put a nice white bright (UX0?) bin in my FF1, which I really like, BUT I would like the 2 stage capability of the FF2, which I have heard has something in the body that lets it do 2 stage, but nothing in the head, is this true? Can I just purchase a FF2 body from the Sandwich Shop, to get 2 stage?

Then I would still need a "sandwich" ....

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

Doug

fleegs

Enlightened
From what I know you just have to buy a two stage switch from the Shoppe. The design of which may or may not be reliable. I am also not sure of the tolerances between the FF1 and FF2. I think the FF1 and FF2 both contain the screw on the bottom. The switch just gets screwed down using the screw on the bottom that is the negative contact.

I have all three firefly versions. Let me know if you this helps or not. Feel free to ask questions. I think I may have some switches around that I could actually try if someone does not actually know the answer. I would just have to get the FF1 back from my wife.

Good luck,
rob

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2 stage switch requires the bottom of the body to be threaded. I don't know if FF1 has this but if not, you need to get a FF2 body. As far as reliability, mine has been flawless now for about 2 years (?)

cy

Flashaholic
firefly 1 & 2 used same two stage switch. to make reliable required inserting a small piece of foam to support battery.

I posted instructions for this long ago... along with how to tune optics on firefly.

changing emitter intructions should be posted at shoppe somewhere. otherwise do a search for emitter replacement for sandwich

Doug

Enlightened
I think I will just get a custom Flupic, but, the next question is, is there a better reflector for the FF1 that I can use, than the IMS 17? Doesn't the FF3 use the same reflector as the Jil Intelli? Thanks...

Doug

Enlightened
Rob, yeah, that would be great if you could try one of those 2 stage switches in your FF1... thanks!

fleegs said:
From what I know you just have to buy a two stage switch from the Shoppe. The design of which may or may not be reliable. I am also not sure of the tolerances between the FF1 and FF2. I think the FF1 and FF2 both contain the screw on the bottom. The switch just gets screwed down using the screw on the bottom that is the negative contact.

I have all three firefly versions. Let me know if you this helps or not. Feel free to ask questions. I think I may have some switches around that I could actually try if someone does not actually know the answer. I would just have to get the FF1 back from my wife.

Good luck,
rob

fleegs

Enlightened
Well, I just tried a 33 ohm two stage switch and it worked flawlessly for 5 tries. Then I had to take it back out because my wife was telling me to put it back to the way it was.

There you have it the two stage swich for the FF2 worked in the FF1.

rob

Doug

Enlightened
Ahh, great, now does that 2 stage just sit in the bottom? I thought I read somewhere that, on the FF2, the 2 stage screws into the bottom of the body of the FF2 ....??

fleegs

Enlightened
My FF1 has the screw (neg contact). I just unscrewed it, put the switch in and then screwed the switch down. Just like I can in the FF2.

rob

Latest posts