CMG Reactor3 warranty help?

WNG

Enlightened
My (crappy) CMG Reactor-3's switch mechanism broke. And the flashlight can't be disassembled. The Reactors came with a 'lifetime warranty'....I know CMG was acquired by Gerber, and sold them as Gerber Reactor-3s.
Has anyone dealt with Gerber warranty service on their products? And any ideas is they'll honor CMG product warranties?
I know a lot of you guys own CMG and Gerber Ultras.

paulr

Flashaholic
Gerber should take care of CMG warranty issues, but Reactors were such awful lights by today's standards that maybe you want to just get something better.

unclearty

Enlightened
hmmm...I sent mine in for the same reason...about 6 months ago. The one I got back worked perfectly..and instead of the cat urine green one I sent in...I got back a very white...wall-of-light unit. Send it back.

pec50

Enlightened
I had a very good experience with Gerber's warranty. My Sonic failed and they replaced it with a new version Ultra : ). There was warranty contact info on their site. Best of luck.

zapper

Enlightened
I sent mine in also for the switch with a rotten green tint right before they were bought out and got back a nice white one also. Once you get it back though you can mod it into a screamer. Inside the tailcap is a small resistor. I just ripped it out. Like night and day. Ofcourse you will now have a longevity issue but i don't see me putting on more than 100 hours on any light I own so who cares about 10,000 or 1,000 hour lifetime.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Reactor II has been on the fritz, so it's good to hear that Gerber is honoring the warranty. Actually this Reactor is the one I got back from CMG after I sent the original back for warranty. Original had awful green tint but the replacement was nice and white.