Mag Led 2AA lithiums ok to use ?

lightinsky

Enlightened
Got the Mag Led 2AA version. Been reading that lithiums are ok to use. Any long turn effects on the 2AA since its an underdriven Luxeon III ?

bigfoot

Enlightened
:bumpit:

I am curious about this, too. Anyone with any experience?

Does runtime increase (I assume so), brightness increase, and are there any adverse affects on the LED?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MiniMag is a brighter light than I expected. The focus really works, and it's as efficient as it's competitors in the 3W category. Don't be afraid to buy it and put e2L's in it.

lightinsky

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies and warm welcome to CPF. I've been on CPF for a long time just never posted replies til now. I contacted Mag and they said they don't recommend lithiums in the 2AA or 3AA 3Watt LED's because it causes the Led to wear out quicker than it would using the recommended alkalines. But hey it's a free world do what ya like with your min mag because after all you paid the money for it and you own it.

Inova T3, Inova 24/7, Surefire 9P with KL3 Gen 2.3 on it's way, Surefire G2 with FM 35 red lens filter, MiniMagg 2AA 3Watt Led, 2 Camoflauge 2AA MiniMagg with Niteize red led and white led. Need more lights soon will have !