Streamlight 3C & Garrity 3AAA Questions

Hi all!

A recent camping trip in Los Angeles' San Gabriel Mountains introduced me to the world of LED lights, and now I think I'm getting hooked! This forum is great and I've learned a lot, but I have a few questions so that I can be somewhat sure that my new lights are good buys:

1010061733lt9.jpg

http://www.flashlights.com/propoly_3c_led.html

I picked up this Streamlight 3C LED ProPolymer (10 LEDs, no Xenon, batteries not included) at the local military surplus store the day before the trip. I was disappointed at their selection so I thought I'd get this, use it, and return it. I've looked around and this looks like a good light. I like that it's waterproof and rugged, but I was less than impressed with the pricetage of $19.97. However, I've looked on ebay and such and I it averages for about $30 before shipping, so I'm thinking of keeping it. I just want to know if I got a good light for a good deal.

1010061734ya9.jpg

http://www.garritylites.com/page68.html

Secondly, I picked up this Garrity K035 9 LED 4" mini today from Fry's Electronics for $5.99. This felt like a good deal, but it doesn't look waterproof or feel as rugged as the Streamlight. By the way, it's listed as a K035g on the back, but Garrity's website only lists the K035. Anybody know the difference?

Ultimately, my question is are these two a good combination of lights for the price? I'll be going camping/backpacking more in the future so I want something that's rough, rugged and raw like the Streamlight, and also something that's useful around the house like the Garrity. Can I get a similar combo for a little less money or should I be happy with what I've got?

Thanks for all your help and again, this forum is great!

P.S.: Sorry about the picture quality, their from a camera phone.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't know anything about that Garrity, but you SCORED on that Streamlight! Lots of close range flood light for a good long time!

I think I paid about $35 for mine, and it is the older style push/twist.

Yours has the tail clicky doesn't it?

It does in fact have the tail clicky on it. If anyone in the area Los Angeles likes them, they're at M&I Surplus in Upland. $19.97 with a clip, keyring and lanyard, batteries not included.

Last edited: