Fenix L2P problem

gbaker

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix L2P that has quit working. I put a couple new batteries in it and it lit up then turned off. Shook a little and it lit up a couple times and went dead again. Used different batteries and still nothing. The switch seems ok. Anybody have any ideas. I've had this thing for a while, but does anybody know the standard warranty on a L2P? Thanks

Illum

Flashaholic
unscrew the head and observe the contact in the head, if dirty, clean the contact with a soft eraser...

if that doesnt work:candle:

unscrew the tailcap and see if the silver contact ring is dirty, clean as necessary, keep in mind that depending on orientation of the light sometimes the lubricant can accumulate on the threading and some cases [mine, unfortunately :rolleyes: ] ended up between the contact ring and the clicky when I locked it out...:ohgeez:

the lube is nonconductive so....:ohgeez:

if you suspect the head has electrical issues contact 4sevens and he'll guide you to more info.:grin2:

hope this helps :wave:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send me an email [email protected] and we'll hook up and I'll get it taken care of.
Make sure there isn't any corrosion inside. I've seen people send in l2p's with green
fuzz all inside from battery leakage! Even so I'll get ya squared away :)

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
gbaker said:
I have a Fenix L2P that has quit working. I put a couple new batteries in it and it lit up then turned off. Shook a little and it lit up a couple times and went dead again. Used different batteries and still nothing. The switch seems ok. Anybody have any ideas. I've had this thing for a while, but does anybody know the standard warranty on a L2P? Thanks

Make sure, that the silver ring with the 2 holes in the tailcap is tighten.

Best regards

____
Tom

gbaker

Newly Enlightened
4sevens said:
Send me an email [email protected] and we'll hook up and I'll get it taken care of.
Make sure there isn't any corrosion inside. I've seen people send in l2p's with green
fuzz all inside from battery leakage! Even so I'll get ya squared away :)

Thanks for the responses. I tried cleaning the gold looking contact point but not the other area mentioned. I'll look at it again when I get home and see if I have better luck.