Luminox

WaltH

Enlightened
I just bought a Luminox Titanium Navy Seal Dive Watch. This thing is awesome. It's so easy to see at night. Doesn't even have to be that dark to notice it's glowing. And being that it's titanium, it's very light. I have a 6 month old Tag Heuer Link series Chronograph and that sucker is HEAVY. I'm not missing the chronograph function so may have to sell the Tag.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I had a Traser watch for 5years(original dive,same as "n.seal"),finally broke it. Went out and got the same one next day. You get addicted to the GLOW and water resistance
smile.gif

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at getting the Luminox Navy Seal 3001 or the stainless steel version; what's the difference between the series I and series II? Is it just the font and the band?
Saw one on clearance at Service Merch, alledgedly 249 discounted to $149, I THINK it was the SS one, but I'm not sure. If it's the polyamid one, then it's overpriced; but if it's the steel bodied one, it might be okay. Anyone compare the steel vs poly cased watches and have anything to say about the weight and overall feel and durability of the two?

Streak

Enlightened
I ahve the Titanium version. Have had it for a few years. Still on the same battery and still looks new despite daily wear and abuse.
The resin ones are brighter as they have the GTLS inserts less inset in the watch as they are in the metal strapped ones.
Having said this I still find mine more than bright enough.
Have fun.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info!

Didn't realize there'd be any difference between the resin and metal ones, makes sense-

I have a Traser S1000 resin cased one right now, and it's just about weightless, which is nice, but I like the look of the Seals type black face one- And hopefully I won't gouge the face like I did on this one while rock wall climbing. Irony of it is that I turned it around to protect it too, and naturally that was the wrong thing to do.
blush.gif

Matt-man

Newly Enlightened
I've had a Luminox for a few months now. It still surprises me how brightly it glows - it doesn't have to be very dark at all to be easily visible. I think it'll turn out to be another one of those things I can't live without after getting used to it.
smile.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey...where can i find these kind of watches? I saw some Navy Seal watches costing 300 and up. Are there any other companies with the same luminous but cheaper in price?

rycen

Enlightened
I have placed a order with then two weeks ago with then and still no repley
mad.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay...i checked Cabelas out and they have a nice price on their Luminox Traveler watch selling for 99.99. But is there any other watches other than Luminox that have tritium inlays?

Basically i'm looking for a watch (in general) with a compass...like on the wristband. But preferably with Tritium inlays. Have any of you heard of such a watch?

So far, my eye is really on the Luminox watches with the ratcheting bezels becuase they have traser technology to make them light up too. Can you imagine all that glow?

P.S. Can anyone take a picture of A Luminox dive watch on their wrist? I'd like to see what they look like. Thanks!

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luminox Stainless Steel w/black face and rubber strap

Here's pictures of the watch I got- and copies of the manual.
Go to slideshow to get full size pictures if necessary-

This watch is great; enough glow to read something in the dark after your eyes get dark adapted-
One thing I wish it had was a more conforming strap; it tries to stay straight instead of contoured at the edges of the wrist so I need to keep it a bit tighter than would otherwise be necessary.

Like it so much I bought TWO identical ones! Urp!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Basically i'm looking for a watch (in general) with a compass...like on the wristband. But preferably with Tritium inlays. Have any of you heard of such a watch? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Luminox makes a strap with a small compass on it that you can buy separately; doesn't look like anyone sells the watch with it as the standard strap.

B@rt

Flashaholic
as originally posted by Wingerr:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Luminox makes a strap with a small compass on it that you can buy separately; doesn't look like anyone sells the watch with it as the standard strap. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've found this, but it doesn't have a pic
frown.gif

compass-watch

Bart

Edit
Here is a pic of what the compass probably will look like
rolleyes.gif

Renegade

For the complete Swiss Army line:Swiss Army

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked the Swiss Army website and the specification for the Renegade watch states that it uses Tritium hands, numbers, AND hours markers. I'll buy one locally and return it if it doesn't - no biggie.
grin.gif

click here to learn more about the Swiss Army Renegade.

Nice and simple looking watch!

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
OOooOo....Thank you thank you thank you...

The Luminox watch is a handsome looking watch, but at 150+ dollars it's kinda steep for me. But Swiss Army is just as nice looking i beleive. And with a compass and tritium technology to boot, this watch is for me.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Within the last week, I was surfing for a watch, and found one that had what seems to be a compass needle integrated in the analogue display. So it had an hour, minute and second hands, then a compass needle the full diameter of the face too.

Now, I can't find the thing.
mad.gif

I thought it was on AGR or Triple Aught Design, but it doesn't seem to be there ......

Oh, found it - it's on TAD:
"ORDER XEMEX Compass watch, ref: 110.03 AT OUR SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE OF ONLY $849.95 IN STOCK NOW"

Some of the Casio type watches have an electronic compass built in to their features. They're probably a lot cheaper than that ......

lightlover
smile.gif