Surefire L6 Lumamax: User experiences

FILA BRAZILIA

Enlightened
To anyone out there, who has a Surefire L6 Lumamax, could you post some user experiences (happy/not happy with the purchase? Good points/bad points) here? :) Fila

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love it, good all around light, long runtime, look and feel good in yours hand.
Easy upgrade the Lux if you got better Lux.
:thumbsup:

the fuzz

Enlightened
KL6 head on my M3......

Well this is an amzing led tool the Kl6, im so wrapped i bought it worth every cent and more. Its has a perfect circular beam and man its so bright. Its truely a FR^$#^ Light saber no kidding. Its got a throw of about 90meters.

But the best thing about its just lights up a huge area of a field. I love this led light. I accidentaly stared at it from close. Just a word of advice dont do it youll see spots for a long time.
And it looks cool and long. Its like a club made of metal, its robust and well built.
Mine has a donut when white wall surfing but i dont care in the real world doesnt affect the quality one bit.
This was from a extract on my review of the kl6 and M3

Yes i love my kl6, very strong powerful light. Should be used for outdoors. indoors its an over kill

disadvatages
Very expensive. But so are most worth while things.

good luck in your purchase

fuzzy

ianb

Enlightened
I love the feel of the light and the handling with the rogers/surefire grip style. It was my first quality LED light and I would greatly recommend it, good throw with a smooth corona, from the nicely stippled deep reflector. I sold mine after I got a U2 and it outthrew my L6. Though this is still a very worthy buy.

Ian :)

zx5go

Newly Enlightened
The L6 is the best flashlight I've ever owned (G2Z, 6P, E1E, E2E, L2, and Pelican M13 to name most of the quality lights I've owned). I much prefer the color the LED light produces over incandescent so this may be somewhat biased, but the L6 seems perfectly balanced in your hand, has the perfect amount of overspill as to make it not a single purpose light, and has amazing runtime for its light output.

I should mention that I sold the L6 so I could purchase a U2...which I've yet to get. I would seriously compare the L6 and U2 before buying an L6.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am completely satisfied with my L6, it is an excellent tool for checking out things that go bump in the night, I do think it is more of a superwhite flood than a long-distance beam machine. I have driven on interstate 75 late at night using just my L6 to light the way( not bright enough for 70 mph) And it could be used in a pinch as a weapon.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Loved my L6!! Great Thrower and Great Sidespill! It looks awesome and feels Great! One of the Best Surefires!

Cy Has it Now :rant: !

FILA BRAZILIA

Enlightened
zx5go; Welcome to CPF! :)
The U2 is one legendary flashlight, I bet ANY flashaholic would want that light. The only thing I don`t like is, on the highest available output, it is VERY short runtime (I haven`t tried this out myself, but resources on the internet claims that). The L6 is maybe better for those who want very bright output OFTEN. Like me.
Fila

zx5go said:
The L6 is the best flashlight I've ever owned (G2Z, 6P, E1E, E2E, L2, and Pelican M13 to name most of the quality lights I've owned). I much prefer the color the LED light produces over incandescent so this may be somewhat biased, but the L6 seems perfectly balanced in your hand, has the perfect amount of overspill as to make it not a single purpose light, and has amazing runtime for its light output.

I should mention that I sold the L6 so I could purchase a U2...which I've yet to get. I would seriously compare the L6 and U2 before buying an L6.

FILA BRAZILIA

Enlightened
skalomax;
You could.....take it back? :devil:

skalomax said:
I Loved my L6!! Great Thrower and Great Sidespill! It looks awesome and feels Great! One of the Best Surefires!

Cy Has it Now :rant: !

NetMage

Enlightened
Do you think an L6 would work well with a McE2S?

What I would really like is an L2 with 3 batteries... (and why does an L2 give 60mins/100 lumens and the L4 and L5 up to 2.5 and 3 hrs for the same two cells???)

Maybe Tranquility could make me a 3 cell pack for running 2 x 150s in the U2 :)

the fuzz

Enlightened
Who has a donut hole with there L6

My donut hole gets bigger as the distant increases. Not by much though
Is this really bas to have?

In the real world i see no probs when using it outdoors.
BUT having a donut hole does it decrease the throw due the the hot spot being reduced??

cheers fuzzy

FILA BRAZILIA

Enlightened
NetMage;
The L4 and L5 also give 60min/100 lumens light. The 1.5h extra (L5- 2h) is USEFUL output. Don`t know what that exactly means ("Useful") :huh2:
As for your other question- I don`t know. Fila

NetMage said:
Do you think an L6 would work well with a McE2S?

What I would really like is an L2 with 3 batteries... (and why does an L2 give 60mins/100 lumens and the L4 and L5 up to 2.5 and 3 hrs for the same two cells???)

Maybe Tranquility could make me a 3 cell pack for running 2 x 150s in the U2 :)