** (Rigel 0.5w LED) ** Silverpoint ST101 Auro I info and pics

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened
I would like to say that i have bought thsi light http://www.sporttek.co.uk/ST101_Auro_I_LED_Torch.html

and its FANTASTIC . . . i have a Surefire G2 and a P60 and 61 bulb, i also have a generic "Ultrafire" hong kong 3w luxeon 1x cr123 light 60 lumen, and a Gerber infinity ultra 1 aa

I would say in comparison, my 3w hong kong 1x cr123 is the "p61" and the Silver point (rigel led) is the P60 . . The light you get is awe inspiring 1.5 hours of high output light then 4.5 hours of extra useful light on 1 AA battery.

the spot of this new 1 aa light is as bright rougly give or take as the 3wat luxeon 1 cr123 with a good spill of light like the surefire P60.

I think everyone should own one of these lights for the simple following reasons . .

1 AA battery for 1.5 hours of fantastic light + 4.5 houirs of useful light
AA batteries are cheap
Small light
construction fantastic
price very good
and uses the new 0.5 Watt Nichia "Rigel" LED
Powerful powerful light for its size

This light has throw . . . and light to back it up

Whats your thoughts on this new 0.5 Watt Nichia Rigel LED and what do you know about them or how do you rate the lights you have seen that use them

Cheers guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Silverpoint ST101 Auro I (Rigel LED)

Do you have beamshots and pics of the "business end"?

Best regards

____
Tom

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened

I will do my best to charge my batteries and give you guys some pictures ;) just gimme some time i will do it Today . . keep checking back!

Thanks

EDIT:
Time here now is 16:05 (4:05 PM) GMT, i have my batteries on charge and when its dark at arount 8 PM or so i will take some snaps for you guys as best as i can , ALSO i will give you comparisone with my surefire (P61) (P60) and my generic 3w and my gerber infinity ultra . . Fresh batteries in the flashlights , along with a shot of this fantastic light with batteries over 1 hours used continuously, so you can get a comparison from brand new batts to used batts. Bear in mind they say (6 hours) and in brackets they say "1.5 hours high output"

Last edited:

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened

actually i am not sure . . i would presume they are or "will" be. aparently they are only 6 months old . . so they are pretty new. I am one of their few buyers from the site i bought them from , so i contacted them and gave them exquiset feedback . . .

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened

NEW . . i have pictures for you . . . i tried to combine as many different things for you.. I hope you like them

Please report back on here what you think

Thanks

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened
Re: UPDATE: Silverpoint ST101 Auro I (Rigel LED) (PICS ADDED)

ok sites fully up now, thwere was a slight glitch with file names and CAPS, but its all working now

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you Wily for the pictures and your work:goodjob:.

It seems to be a nice walking light with a good brightness for 1/2 Watter.

Best regards

____
Tom

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened

Yes . . its so nice, even the pics dont do it complete justice since the eye sees more light than the camera.

1 AA battery ? i cant believe it, and since i took those pics i burned it for another 27 mins which means with random usage its had over 1.5 hours and i am impressed . . WTF springs to mind. Truely awesome light for 1 AA battery. no idea whats special with the Rigel LED.

Anyone know whats different with the Rigel ?

Anyways its F"$% bright ! (still . .)

yekim

Enlightened

nice report, thank you for posting up the pics as well. Looks interesting.

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened

Thanks alot.
I just want to make people aware that there is at least 1 AA light that is a real beefiness for people who would like a light thats powerful thats easy and low cost to power . . i am right now at abotu 1 hour 45 mins and its still very nice indeed. Are these available in the US yet ? maybe they have not gotten there, but i am sure i have seen Rigel LED lights that take 1 AA in the US, but if they have digital switches they drain power like a freak even when you dont use them. This auro 1 uses a standard clicki switch that can also be half pressed to signal with.
(y) Fantastic !

ALSO i am using the standard "Duracell" battery it came with the standard not even plus just a good ole duracell . . i ordered the same day Energizer Ultra+ AA and i presume they will be even better than a "bog standard" Duracell AA

Last edited:

cloud

Newly Enlightened

Nice pics there WIJLY :)

cheap light at the price ( by UK standards)

have you tried to remove head to see the led & circuit.. ?? some internal pics if possible would be great..

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you have high capacity nimh-cells, you can get nearly twice the runtime:)

Best regards

____
Tom

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened

Actually . . . :) i do have 2600 mha nimh rechargables . . and i have not tried to take the head off since i am generally afraid to disect a new product :) but i will try .

EDIT: tried i cant and i dont want to force it or not. sometimes some companies use epoxy on the head to add security and water protection, and i dont want to put it in a bag and boil it since its a work of art . . .!!!

the construction is very nice indeed smooth, solid and the threads feel so smooth and lovely :) i have taken a couple of more pics, but i dont know wether to share them since they are with the shutter speed driopped to see it. this light so far has been runnint in TOTAL on the batt it came with for 2 hours, and i can see down the bottom of my garden which is more or less (guess) about 19 M ?

its nto long, but its long enough to test a Flashlight .

I can not impress upon you enough how shocking it is to watch a 1 AA light compete with a 3 watt luxeon

Last edited:

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened

LOL im sitting here laughing my *** off . . . way over 3 hours of use, and i can still see to about 20 M enough to identivy a persons face with ease (with the standard included basic Duracell AA)

I am aching for someone to have another Rigel LED 1 AA light to come here and report with their experiences. I love this light so much i WILL be buying another one next pay day and replacing my 3W luxeon 1x CR123 light with another of these. The price of the batteries, couples with the fact that they last longer than CR123 and still have "fantastic" light output makes this torch an invaluable piece of kit to have. If you carry one of these and take 3 batteries spear in a coat or something, then you are prepared for a disaster where you are stranded in a dark place . . . . . No exageration. Seeing is believing. PLEASE PLEASE give me feedback from anyone who has a Rigel 0.5 wat LED torch pref 1 aa variation.

Please let me know if my posts here have given you any helpful information .

WG

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wijly:)

I'm sitting here and I'm really glad, that you are so happy with your new light:grin2:

I know this feeling, enjoy your light :rock:...:rock:...:rock:

Best regards

____
Tom

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened

But i cant explain how this is happening with a single AA battery ? surely it should never be possible past a few small minutes ?!?!?!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like a nice light! But I am not aware of a dealer here selling them. The only light I have useing the Regal is the Fenix E1. And it is a bright little light (AAA) with a long run time (3hr). I`m sure the one you have drives at a higher ma rate and is brighter. Perhaps they will be available here soon :)

Ken

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened

i would like to hope that you guys get them soon, because i would love to hear what even more flashaholic people think of one. :D

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened

ok 1 last update for now , just incase you end up board about updates of a 1AA light . . :)

after over 5 hours of use on the single standard Duracell AA battery, there is enough for dark adapted eyes to tell with EASE if there is someone hiding 24M away hiding next to fir trees in a secluded spot hidden by shaddows. Enough light to navigate with ease. Enough light to function in most average scenarios. Please go and find ont, import one, steal one or something its (i think) revolutionary. a 1x AA light that can compete with a high(er) power Luxeon CR123 light while also adding several hours of very very nice light as described above instead of a CR123 going instantly poof as mine do.

WG signing off :)

EDIT: Picture added to the site, please recheck the site at the bottom to see a 10M picture (unaltered as the other beam shots) with batteries used over 5.5 hours of use)