• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2 stage switch for SF L4

go_to_the_light

Newly Enlightened
Is there any solution currently available to implement a 2 stage switch in a Surefie L4 for sale at the Shoppe? I tried the simple resistor mod posted on CPF, and it didn't work for me. Probably bad soldering on my part. So I am looking for a pre-made, sure to work, kit.

Thanks,

Bill

Zot

Enlightened
I am interested in a ready to go solution as well. I missed out on the the McE2S when it was still being made.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact CPF member "milkyspit" he previously came up with a solution for me. He will mod your L4 so that it is two stage. PM him and let him know that i was the one who sent you. He will know what you're talking about.

tsl

Enlightened
Art Vandelay said:

I think that's just the tailcap and not the McE2S switch. I don't think that the Shoppe have any completed switches anymore. It also doesn't look like they have the kit (i.e., components) for the McC2S switch either which was designed for the SF "classic" lights (C2, 6P, etc and not E series).

Your best bet for this specific switch is through B/S/T as they do pop up. Or, you can PM Milkyspit and ask him about his 2 stage mod.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
tsl said:
I think that's just the tailcap and not the McE2S switch. I don't think that the Shoppe have any completed switches anymore. It also doesn't look like they have the kit (i.e., components) for the McC2S switch either which was designed for the SF "classic" lights (C2, 6P, etc and not E series).

Your best bet for this specific switch is through B/S/T as they do pop up. Or, you can PM Milkyspit and ask him about his 2 stage mod.
After reading the webpage more closely, I think you are right. Since it is listed as "new", I bet many people who buy these think they will be able to use them without having to search for parts that are out of production. It's too bad. This was by far the best 2 stage mod ever made.