Surefire E1L Outdoorsman

shadowbuds

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased my L4 and I can't stop hovering over the "buy now" button! Please tell me why I shouldn't get this light and help me quick!

marxs

Enlightened
welcome to cpf :wave: let me help you there. the L4 is a nice flood light, and I find that a flood light is usually the most useful light in most situations. the E1L (new ones) has a TIR collimator optic which turns this cute little light into a throw monster for its size (note it will have almost ZERO sidespill). If you dont need to see things further out in the distance, then theres no "need" to get it, the L4 will nicely light up the immediate surroundings.

mark

flame2000

Enlightened
I don't hv a E1L but I hv a Inova T3 which also uses a TIR optic. The beam is very focus with almost no side spill. Needless to say, throw is good. It's excellent for spotting things further out, but for everyday use, it's quite limited. I am not sure whether you will like E1L kind of focus beam or not.:)

Hmm......u got an L4.......tat's one excellent light!

Last edited:

jason_01

Newly Enlightened
The L4 is really nice and so is the E1l, if youre lucky the KL4 head will work on the e1l body and vice versa so you'll have 4 torches for the price of 2

The E1l has longer runtime and a very different beam to the L4, you really need them both :) they compliment each other rather well. Sorry!

Last edited:

redskins38

Newly Enlightened
Ive got an E1L and i love it. I edc it everywhere. If your worried about the throw just buy an F04. Thats what i did and it is the perfect combination.

I do not believe that the Kl4 will work on the E series body, correct me if im wrong.

jason_01

Newly Enlightened
redskins38 said:
Ive got an E1L and i love it. I edc it everywhere. If your worried about the throw just buy an F04. Thats what i did and it is the perfect combination.

I do not believe that the Kl4 will work on the E series body, correct me if im wrong.

It will fit, the L4 body is basically an E2e body with a short clip I think. Not all KL4's will work on 1 cell but most do from what I can gather, mine does.

I have a KL1 on a E1e body (short clip) didnt expect to like it as much as the L4 but I do, if you have them both you also have the option of rechargeables.

warpdrive

Enlightened
I won't stop you. I have both too.

Think of the possibilities.

I'm planning to buy some rechargeables and have the option of a TW4 configuration with the KL4 head on the E1L body.

With the E1L and L4, you'll have lots of options for Surefire Lego

You can also do the following
KL1 + L4 body (longer runtime)
KL4 + E1L body with RCR123
stock E1L + F04 diffuser (a must have IMO)

Illum

Flashaholic
shadowbuds said:
I recently purchased my L4 and I can't stop hovering over the "buy now" button! Please tell me why I shouldn't get this light and help me quick!

you shouldn't get this light?

questions like this won't get answered on the forum....mostly like you'll wind up buying both ;)

bigfoot

Enlightened
Two words: BUY IT!

:rock:

I bought an E1L not too long ago and it's a great light. The lack of sidespill is fine (as another posted, you can buy a diffuser accessory) with me; I've got other, smaller lights for close-up flood work. This thing is built like a tank!

I'm still amazed that something this small can generate that much light.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite fighting the urges and give in! The E1L is a great partner to your L4, especially with the SF beamshaper. Enjoy.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:aaa: I agree with fnmag! You need it! You need it! You need it! And then after that
Surefire has plenty of other thing's you need as well. You can buy an extra KL1
head and get it modded too! I'm having gnarmin do one for me now. And then
you'll be hooked forever!

shadowbuds

Newly Enlightened
Illum_the_nation said:
you shouldn't get this light?

questions like this won't get answered on the forum....mostly like you'll wind up buying both ;)

THE ONLY HELP! :lolsign: I was hoping for reasons not to buy it... everyone seems to love their E1L and now they're giving me more stuff/things to do with it... I think i'm going to have to give in.

carrot

Flashaholic
But he has the L4, which is the same as having an E2L body. He can always ask for a long pocket clip from Surefire CS.

Nathan

Enlightened
As mentioned with the L4 and E1L, you'll have 4 lights:
L4
E1L
E2L (L4 body + KL1 head)
TW4 (E1L body + KL4 head)

The two lights complement each other well.

marxs

Enlightened
go press the BUY button! youll have an L4 for flood, E1L for EDC plus throw, and you can swap the KL4 head into the E1L body and have a TW4. great combo, hard to beat!

mark