new lights at lowes

mossyone

Newly Enlightened
Anyone check out the new led lights at lowes. The new coast with 4xAAA and a yellow plastic body looks interesting, also the 1xaa 1watt taskforce.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenlight said:

cool - I have to get a new centerset for my bathroom sink - maybe a flashlight or two also..

it actually worked - saved some money thanks a bunch.

Will

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the coupon. I'm refurnishing my bathroom fixtures.

blademan

Enlightened
I bought one of the 1aa tasklights. It's larger than I thought it would be but should be ok for around the house and a large pocket. it comes with a lanyard and pretty nice pouch. The light has some kind of proprietary optic system that puts a pretty good beam out. The color of the beam is white with a decent amount of side spill. The light is reverse-clicky but it can be taken apart easily to change that. The head comes apart for changing things there too. Overall for 17 bucks it's a pretty good light. I don't have any lights to compare it to right now as far as brightness goes so that will have to wait.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
I just bought the 1W 3AAA TaskForce light. It came bundled with one of the TaskForce keychain lights ... both (with batteries) for under $12. For that price, I just couldn't pass them up.

The light does flicker a bit ... but I minimized this by lubing the threads and o-rings with a Krytox grease. I could easily get the pieces tight ... but not overly tight.

Craftsmanship is just so-so at best. The finish is bright aluminum ... not sure if it is raw aluminum or if there is some sort of anodizing or other protective finish on the outside.

With the light working consistently, I'm very impressed with it. The 1 Watt Luxeon is bright, smooth has a nice spot pattern (heave ho!) with some usable spill.

But the lack of blue tint is simply amazing ... it's almost like an incan!

As for the keychain light, it's just so-so. Not as bright as a Dorcy 1AAA but bluer. More compact, but half again heavier. I really like the feel of the little side clickie switch but it can turn on while it's in your pocket and you may not catch this for some time. It takes 3 button batteries.

Is that a flashlight in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? :D

flashlife

Enlightened
Got the Task Force 1AA 1 watt at Lowes today.
Fired it up in the car in the Lowes parking lot...it flickered.
Twisted the tailcap and bexel a few times and it settled down...but it was dim compared to the other 1 watt lights I have.
Then the tail switch got sticky and finally wouldn't pop back up...totally jammed.
Took apart the tailswitch and found that the switch module itself was jamming, not just the metal pushbutton.
Repacked it and returned it for my $$$ refund.

General impression: not a good buy, but then, maybe I just got a bad one.

ceetee

Newly Enlightened
I think you just go ta bad one. QC seems to really be lacking on these. At night, with fresh batteries, I can easily see the hot spot shining on the side of my neighbors house (about 150 to 175 feet away, and a dark brown house)