Terror Storm movie by Alex Jones

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that while a good number of countries are changing from communist/dictator/police states to democratic/free speech states,.....in other countries it is slowly going the other way. Watch this movie and let us know what you think will be the likely future of our way of life in the "West".

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5948263607579389947

Further explanation is required.......I have lived the first part of my life in a communist country with the usual rules with do's and don'ts. You had to be very careful what you said and whom you said it to. Lying to others and also to yourself was part of the daily routine. Often those that spoke out were abandoned because of fear of the greater "system". Children were often encouraged to "dob" in on their parents for anti-state behaviour. You learned to live within this system and concentrated on having a good time socially with your friends of like minds. Corruption among the elite was rife and known to all, fear kept everyone under control. The state made sure you had cheap alcohol and entertainment, reasonable food and shelter, they knew that this would keep the people under control and acting like "sheep".

That was then......and now here in Australia? In the beginning I felt that I could do and say what ever I wanted as long as it was within the law, we had freedom of speech and expression, we could carry our rifles over our shoulders and even on trams and busses to the local rifle range.....Unfortunately that is all history now, guns are evil, knives are evil and even the granted freedom of speech here is going, going, going until during the next generation it will be all gone. Combination of press ownership by the elite and state censorship will make sure of this.

My opinion? Having lived under both systems, I believe that we in the English speaking part of the world will have living conditions similar to or even the same as were under communism. I also believe that we MUST be more politically aware and assertive in order not to let this happen. We must pull our heads out of the sand and ask uncomfortable questions, we must not lie to ourselves thinking that the government is pure and does everything only for our benefit…..What is your opinion?

Last edited:

lukus

Enlightened
I believe that I don't know what you're talking about. But if you asked me who Paris Hilton's latest boyfriend is or wanted to gush about Madonna with Hollywood's latest must have accessory then I might could help you.

But seriously, I think your observations are mostly on the mark. The reason it can happen is because the majority would rather hear about the above. It's the easy thing to do. Maintaining freedom is hard work and requires sacrifice, and asking the uncomfortable questions is too uncomfortable.

I don't really know anymore, but Alex Jones used to live around here (Austin TX). For a fex years I had the uncanny ability to run into him on a regular basis; at the grocery store, hanging out at a local gun shop, eating lunch, getting my trucks tags, wherever. He can carry on a decent and intelligent conversation in person. On the other hand, Alex Jones gets so wacky and outlandish with some of his theories that it taints his "on target" messages with the same wacky light. You hear him rant and don't even bother to listen because it's just Alex Jones spouting off about something again. He's his own worst enemy.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lack of responses indicates what I've known for years - it's already happening in the USA and I fear it may continue to get worse. People won't criticize the government as they once did. People have abdicated their responsibility of informed voting. To disagree has, again, become "unamerican." We choose retribution over understanding, science is inconvenient. "Pro Life" means the death penalty, locking up 1 in 139 citizens (totaling more than any other nation), spending more on prisons than education, no national health care, shrinking middle class, exploding wealthy class, idiots with no class.

Gotta go. It sounds like heavy boots comming up my steps.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would respectfully disagree ;) Here in the US people spout off constantly about whatever conspiracy they think the president is involved in or worse. And the worst thing that happens to them is that they get their 15 seconds on TV and the whole world knows them for the crank that they have become.

Thats not to say that sneaky things dont go on, but we simply do not infringe on the people's right to chat about whatever the heck they want. Our president gets heckled everywhere he goes and those people dont disappear into re-education camps.

in a communist country this fellow would not be free to make the video accusing us that he's not free...

borax

Newly Enlightened
I think part of the problem is that a lot of people are fed up with the politicians and governments who can't keep their stories straight or do anything worthwhile and/or reject anything that could be worthwhile for its citizens. But nobody has the spine to say anything for fear of someone showing up on their doorstep.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Patriot Act...give up your freedoms or you're not a patriot. I have no doubt that the coverage of the Patriot Act will be expanded and our laws will become more restrictive.

1984 may be a little late getting here, but don't doubt for a minute that it's coming.