• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Cut down 1AA Mini mags

WS6mro

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 new pewter mini mags cut down to 1AA size. Heads are also bored to except IMS-20 or McR-20mm reflectors. Light function is the same as a stock mini mag. These are great hosts for the MJLED, MJLED Solitare module, drop-in sandwich modules, and many other mini mag LED upgrades.

Version with knurl toward rear of body: Asking $25 shipped (US only) **Sold**
Version with knurl in center of body: Asking $25 shipped (US only)

Please Post "I'll take it" here before sending any payment.
Will ship anywhere in the continental US. (No PO Box.)
I will PM or Email the tracking number the following day upon purchase.
PayPal address is, [email protected]

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking,
-Matt

ec8f4cf6.jpg

ec8c9418.jpg

Last edited:

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I'm stumped. How does the version with the knurl in the center of the body operate? Any chance we could get a picture of the body separate from the head?

WS6mro

Newly Enlightened
nikon said:
OK, I'm stumped. How does the version with the knurl in the center of the body operate? Any chance we could get a picture of the body separate from the head?

It operates just like a stock mini mag, but only shorter.

I can take a picture of it tonight, but I'm not sure what your confused about?

-Matt

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
on the stock mini mag, on the top, theres a "plate" that holds the switch mechaninsim in place. If you cut off the top half, this "plate" goes with it, how did you add it back?

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
coldsolderjoint said:
on the stock mini mag, on the top, theres a "plate" that holds the switch mechaninsim in place. If you cut off the top half, this "plate" goes with it, how did you add it back?
Correct, and the section that screws into the head is also there.

vortechs

Enlightened
Do you end up with extra pieces of the battery tube that could be used to make an extension for another Mini Mag?

A 17mm extension (for using 14670 cells in a 1AA MiniMiniMag) would be interesting.

A 23mm extension (for using 14500 AA-size cells in a 1CR2 MiniMiniMag) would be another possibility.

A 40mm extension (for using 14670 cells in a 1CR2 MiniMiniMag) would also be interesting.

A 50mm extension for using 3AA in a 2AA Mini Mag would be an interesting accessory for a stock Mini Mag.

WS6mro

Newly Enlightened
vortechs said:
Do you end up with extra pieces of the battery tube that could be used to make an extension for another Mini Mag?

A 17mm extension (for using 14670 cells in a 1AA MiniMiniMag) would be interesting.

A 23mm extension (for using 14500 AA-size cells in a 1CR2 MiniMiniMag) would be another possibility.

A 40mm extension (for using 14670 cells in a 1CR2 MiniMiniMag) would also be interesting.

A 50mm extension for using 3AA in a 2AA Mini Mag would be an interesting accessory for a stock Mini Mag.

Well, sometimes I do. It depends on what I'm making.

Sure, some of the extensions you mentioned are possible to make, but I'm not sure anyone would be willing to pay what I would charge. I hope that didn't come across snobbish?

I can already see most people are not willing to pay for the time I have in these cut down mini mags.

-Matt

myk

Enlightened
WS6, i don't think you're coming across snobbish at all, your work (at least from the pictures) looks excellent. Maybe instead of doing them, and then trying to sell them, what about taking orders? eg. diff colors, 3led/2led cutdowns. Most of the CPF community from the short time i've been here seems willing to pay a good price and wait a decent while for something to be made just for them =)

WS6mro

Newly Enlightened
myk said:
WS6, i don't think you're coming across snobbish at all, your work (at least from the pictures) looks excellent. Maybe instead of doing them, and then trying to sell them, what about taking orders? eg. diff colors, 3led/2led cutdowns. Most of the CPF community from the short time i've been here seems willing to pay a good price and wait a decent while for something to be made just for them =)

Hi myk,

Thanks for your kind words, and the suggestions, too. Give something to ponder.

-Matt

jcg344

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to add that I received my 1AA mini mag from a previous order with Matt and the fit and finish are excellent.

I can't wait to mod this thing...

waynejitsu

Enlightened
What are you going to do to mod it?
I just bought one and could use ideas:)

jcg344 said:
I just wanted to add that I received my 1AA mini mag from a previous order with Matt and the fit and finish are excellent.

I can't wait to mod this thing...