FINALLY! BOG K2 7W LED module review up at Flashlightreviews.com...

thisisCP

Newly Enlightened
What kind of runtime could this have with 9v's? Maybe on a C3 or 9P...

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
While that it impressive brightness if it can only be run on primaries this thing is awful expensive to own if you are actually going to use it.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
I wonder what it's like on Li-ions. Either a couple of RCR's or a 17670/18650.

Yup. One of those 18650 bodies that is being made by someone in the Custom BST forum would make this more appealling.

Last edited:

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The K2 at this point isn't a very efficient LED. Being driven at 7 watts I said the runtime would be horrid, and it is. It does about 30 minutes on a pair of RCR123's (not tested by me) which is very poor, but it's still quite bright.

G&P needs to look at the new Cree XR-E. All flashlight manufacturers do. They're over 2x more efficient than a K2.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you think this can be put into the head of a maxfire, legend xl,ultrafire 3 cell or 2 cell light? Think the head could just screw on, do they use universal threads and sizes for cr123 lights and bodies?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
80+ lumens from 7 watts... Geez, some incans are more efficient than that. According to QuickBeam's Dec. 12 review, the 8W Wolf Eyes D36 ($13) used in the Wolf Eyes 6M Explorer delivers about half again as much output and half again as much throw. The smaller D26 ($12) won't throw as far but should deliver the same output and can be dropped into a Surefire. Better yet, just get a Wolf Eyes.

Latest posts