please advice

Miracle

Enlightened
y my 17670 wont fit into my L4?

it will go in until about 1 cm from the end. (it goes in from the head section)

then it will jam.

please advice?

i dont want to force it in.

:awman:

shadowbuds

Newly Enlightened
I had the same problem, I purchased mine from Lighthound and it's one of the AW rechargeables. REMOVE THE STICKER, before doing so, make SURE you know what's positive and what's negative, it's not hard to tell. The sticker is the only thing that made it get stuck for me.

Miracle

Enlightened
shadowbuds said:
I had the same problem, I purchased mine from Lighthound and it's one of the AW rechargeables. REMOVE THE STICKER, before doing so, make SURE you know what's positive and what's negative, it's not hard to tell. The sticker is the only thing that made it get stuck for me.

the shiny chrome sticker?

:huh2: :candle:

shadowbuds

Newly Enlightened
Yes, there should only be ONE STICKER not the black PROTECTION. Yes, the sticker should be "shiny."

Miracle

Enlightened
after close inspection of the L4 body

the opeaning which the battery fits in, at the tail end, at the final 1 cm , the hole is very very slightly smaller, if u look closely, SureFire bore until like 1 cm to the end and then for some reason, the last final 1 cm in, the opeaning is very very slighly smaller, hence the battery will go in until 1 cm and not go any further.

can some kind souls please give some advice?

:faint:

shadowbuds

Newly Enlightened
I don't like repeating myself but have you removed the sticker? When I first "jammed" my battery in it didn't go in all the way. I removed it and the sticker was pushed up and wrinkled, removed it, thus battery fit.

Last edited:

marxs

Enlightened
im assuming you have the new L4 with the round body? AFAIK, there are issues with the dimensions of the new body and the 17670's. The 17670's should fit "most" of the old style bodied L4's (4 flat sided ones) without a problem. there have been some issues with some old bodied lights, but for the newer rounded bodies i have yet to hear a 17670 fit. I actually had the same inquiry before when I was about to purchase the L4.

maybe we can wait for some others to chime in on how they got a rechargable setup for the new L4 body.

mark

Miracle

Enlightened
marxs said:
im assuming you have the new L4 with the round body? AFAIK, there are issues with the dimensions of the new body and the 17670's. The 17670's should fit "most" of the old style bodied L4's (4 flat sided ones) without a problem. there have been some issues with some old bodied lights, but for the newer rounded bodies i have yet to hear a 17670 fit. I actually had the same inquiry before when I was about to purchase the L4.

maybe we can wait for some others to chime in on how they got a rechargable setup for the new L4 body.

mark

my L4 has the rounded body

any hope?

Wolfgang_Ludwig

Newly Enlightened
I bought two WolfEyes rechargeable battereis. One is a 1400mAh 168B and it fits perfectly. When turning the bezzel down until contact to the body there should be still some rattle while the swith is taken off. Otherwise you crashed the tip of the battery or even worse the plastic parts of your SF. My other WE 169B (1500mAh) only works great in my SF 6P (with 3.7Volt lamp). It's slightly too long for the L4.

shadowbuds

Newly Enlightened
marxs said:
marxs said:

mark

I have a rounded body and it does in fact fit, mine must be a freak.

marxs

Enlightened
Wow thats a first. your lucky. oh wait, IIRC there is an update on the new 17670's (1600mah) in AW li-ion thread. he mentions of a removable plastic wrapper for the battery, i think that was meant for the new L4?

or you can PM AW to see if he can help.

mark

shadowbuds said:

I have a rounded body and it does in fact fit, mine must be a freak.​

Last edited:

dchao

Enlightened
Surefire, again, trying very hard to prevent us using rechargables. :mad: So they can make more money on selling batteries.

Miracle

Enlightened
marxs said:
Wow thats a first. your lucky. oh wait, IIRC there is an update on the new 17670's (1600mah) in AW li-ion thread. he mentions of a removable plastic wrapper for the battery, i think that was meant for the new L4?

or you can PM AW to see if he can help.

mark

mine r new 17670's (1600mah). it is covered by a black colored plastic cover.

i emailed AW

waiting for AW's reply