The combination makes it! What are yours?

Wolfgang_Ludwig

Newly Enlightened
Just a "one and only" flashlight is never enough. Only a combination out of at least two lamps will do it. My decision:
Pocket: Fenix P1 and Peak Matterhorn (brightness and runtime)
Bag: SF L4 with 2stage and SF 9P. Both on rechargeables (flood, runtime and throw)
Car: SF L1 with 2stage/F04 and SF 6P. Both on primaries (flood, runtime and throw).
Sometimes I interchange the L4/L1 parts. You need at least two flashlights because you're not alone on earth and should be able to give an easy to operate light to another person.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a number of RipOffs brand double holsters clipped to various bags/packs and many of them have an X5 and G2 or Scorpion. The X5 doubles as a battery carrier. :D

-LT

marxs

Enlightened
actually i think just a one and only one approach is still viable - sf A2 (though not rechargeable). Low flood, high throw, great regulation.

mark

Silversurfer

Enlightened
I think most of my illumination requirements in an urban environment are going to be covered by the SF A2 paired with a yellow SF G2 with a G&P Luxeon 3 led drop-in. Yellow so if I drop it I'll have more of a chance of finding it. The G2 is also easier to hold in winter.

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
For work FireFlyIII on the keys and Peak Mediterranean Stainless with 2AA body. The Med is the right output for what I do and runs on NiMH, alkaline or lithium AA cells. The FF3 is there as backup in case the Med gulps the cells down, another person needs a light to assist or I need serious output.

The second combo is for work but with a much smaller holster. Peak Baltic 1xAAA stainless super ultra power in a Leatherman Charge holster. Amazing brightness for it's size and very small, gotta love the momentary switch. The FF3 as always, is on the keys.

Third combo is a nFlex LuxeonV 8AA Mag Mod, the FireFly III and baltic high power HA-III aluminum AAA on a lanyard. Use that combo when camping. LuxV on high for serious punch, remove the head for flood and 2 to 24 hours of runtime. FF3 on full output to see "what is over there" when walking with the Baltic as a walking light.

Forth combo is truely specialized. My "deployment to the desert combo". nFlex LuxV Mag for punch and large area lighting, Med 2AA HA-III twistie as holster EDC, Baltic AAA high power on lanyard for running to the bathroom/showers etc at night, FF3 on keys for low light or high output, Peak AA 7 UV LED light for finding blood and scorpions, Arc AAA red for low level blackout red. The UV and red lights are in a knife holster.

Macaw

Enlightened
Mclux III PD in an art of the hide holster, Pierce M-10 on the keychain, Orb RAW Ns on a neck chain.
My primary is the PD, of course, the Pierce is a backup. The Orb is for close-up hands free use either hanging off my neck or mouthing - and to occasionally wow someone with it's bright output:naughty: .

Last edited:

Kevski

Newly Enlightened
Arc AAA-P on the keychain, Surefire L4 in my back pocket, and an L7 or Inova T4 in my backpack. Only lacking a serious incandescent, but I'm working on that. I usually have a Princeton Tec EOS in my pack as well, along with various spare batteries in a small Pelican Case. As a mechanic stuck on grave shift this covers me pretty well

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm hoping the Fenix L0PSE will meet most needs in one small package. Didn't make the cut on the first shipment, so maybe I'll know in a couple weeks.

Geoff

thk

Newly Enlightened
Currently, it's a McLuxIII PD and an Arc AAA-P. The PD covers the runtime and brightness but the Arc is there as a backup.

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened
i presently have 3 lights i have everywhere i am
Surefire G2 (P-61) "for those times you really need a blast of beefey power"
Ultrafure 3W (1x cr123) "for those times i need a blast of power with good periphiral vision"

and my Silverpoint Auro 1 " for all those times i need power withought replacing expencive batterys every hour or so . ." (1x AA 0.5w Rigel LED)

[if anyone wants to see beam shots and body shots of a Auro 1 goto this thread]
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136589

cslinger

Enlightened
Surefire L1 in the car.
HDS EDC in my pocket.
Surefire A2 for everything else.

I have lots more but that is pretty much my trifecta.

wholeflaffer

Enlightened
I've had the ARC-P on my keychain for years now, and have found that having my new Fenix P1 discreetly hanging on my belt next to my cellphone is an invaluable partner. And to think that they're under $100 for the pair!

Now I also have the Fenix L0PSE in shipment, so we'll see how that fits in Real Soon Now!

Pax et Lux

Enlightened
Wow – I thought I was the only one that always carried flashlights in twos!

OK, I'm a newbie here, and on a bit of a budget – but this is my take on things.

Pocket: Gerber Infinity Ultra and Civictor V1 (runtime and brightness)
Bag: ProPolymer 4AA Luxeon and Petzl Tikka+ (throw and utility)
Car: Minimag w/Nite Ize (runtime)
Nightstand: Rayovac Industrial w/Lambda PR SMJLED and Dorcy AAA (runtime and won't hurt my eyes in the middle of the night!)

While carrying my bag (w/PP 4AA Lux and Tikka+) with the IU and Civictor in my pocket, I've possibly got all the bases covered. I should have more in the car, but I will always have my pocket lights, and, on longer trips, my bag.

To be honest, with just the Gerber Infinity Ultra and ProPolymer 4AA Lux you can meet just about all regular flashlight needs. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop here. . .

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened
Hello Pax et Lux maybe you should change your gerber infinity ultra for a Rigel 0.5w led 1x AA . . i have made the swap and it fantastic. Runtime and ultrabrightness thats as good as a luxeon light! no joke . . if you dont believe me goto my thread where i have a link to my website tyhat only has pictures of my lights and beam shots its a comparison between 4 lights i have including the Gerber and the rigel that i have, so please have a look at the link and let me know if its something you might want to try.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136589

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC combination is the Fenix L1T in the pocket, Fenix E0 for the keychain
My travel bag lights are the Millermods Trilux and Lambdna Promagnum

easilyled

Flashaholic
Al. PD Mclux in my pocket and aluminium_bronze CR2 ion on my keychain.

Wolfgang and Ludwig are not a bad combination either.

I might have Johannes and Franz as backup.

Latest posts