Stanley *Mini* Tripod Light at True Value

EssLight

Newly Enlightened
I got a sales flyer from my local True Value hardware store today, on the front page I saw the Stanley Tripod light, with a large print price of $6.99. Wow, I thought, for that price I ought to get one. Then I looked closer. What's the big key ring doing hanging from the bottom of the light? I read the fine print, and realize is is a *Mini* Tripod light. I didn't know such a thing existed. It says it runs on 3 button cell LR41s. I'm thinking that makes for a rather dim light with short run times.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello EssLight,

Welcome to CPF.

I saw that same light and was hopping they had an AAA battery in each leg. When I asked about batteries, they took it apart and revealed the 3 button cells. I passed.

Oh, by the way, it was not very bright and had a very blue tint to it.

Tom

EssLight

Newly Enlightened
SilverFox said:
Hello EssLight,

Welcome to CPF.

Thanks

SilverFox said:
I saw that same light and was hopping they had an AAA battery in each leg. When I asked about batteries, they took it apart and revealed the 3 button cells. I passed.

Yeah, if it had three AAAs, and say a 1 Watt LED, it might make a nice small light.

WNG

Enlightened
Target actually sold the full-sized 369 Tripod light for $6.24 clearance, a few months back. I managed to acquire one.
Neat little 'toy' with its 6 5mm LEDs. But should be good as a LONG runtime lantern for emergencies. 9AA's max capacity.
The head looks like it can take 4 Lux-I's, hmmmm.

EssLight

Newly Enlightened