Some question about 3P

taro68

Newly Enlightened
Hello! I have an old style SF 3P and i have two question:

I am looking for this model an IR filter from SF (original), is it still available?
I am looking also a LED upgrade for this model, any one has an idea what is still available about?
Thanks Giovanni

cy

Flashaholic
a 3watt luxeon dropin works great with R123 li-ion

head is same OD as current 6P. so do a search if an IR filter is available for 6P

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Giovanni,
Okay, here's the info you wanted and please excuse my intrusion in your thread.

Yes, the IR filter is still available for your 3P because as Cy stated, your 3P has the same head size as a 6P. It's Surefire Part #FM33.They are expensive though! I've never had a reason to use IR other than to check motels for human stains that I stay in. :)

Cy is also correct that the 3W luxeon drop-in is the way to go in a 3P using a R123R. Best bang for the buck.

I really get a kick out of the old 3Ps, as they are now selling here on CPF, in the $80.00-$100.00 range! Surefire made hundreds of thousands of these things in all colors and variations and thousands with advertising laser printed on them.

All the guys here will tell you this color or that color are the rarest, believe me, they made tons of EVERY color! The advertisement marked 3P's, will be the REAL collector's items.

I get a kick whenever I see any posts on 3Ps on CPF, (again, I hope you don't mind my posting in your thread), because 3Ps are such a treasure now. Don't get me wrong, they are one of the best built SFs ever even though they had a lexan lens, (GOD FORBID!). I get a smile because they sold for $20.00-$30.00 just a little over a couple of years ago.

Heck, I sold a black, 2 silvers, two reds, a green and a blue 3P right here on CPF a couple of years ago, and never asked over $30.00 SHIPPED! When the general public gets hold of how much 3Ps are worth to the flashlight community nowadays, there will be a flood of them like no one's ever seen!

I say that's great because they'll come back down to earth pricewise and that's where they belong so the new folks on our forum can appreciate them!

Good luck with your 3P!!!

cy

Flashaholic
3P updated

3p update.JPG

3p turbo.JPG

3p update 2.JPG

Last edited:

taro68

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys! I find that John at Lighthound sell a cheaper IR filter for the 3P but i don't find an Led upgrade for this model (only for 6P available). I know that IR filtre don't works with Led lights but now i like more LED lighting that incandescent but i think that 3P with IR filter could be a good IR illuminator for nightvision devices (i hope). The first pro light that i bought years ago, after many time of MagLite, was my 6P and i remember that in some shops was available 3P in other colors than black. Time ago, the last years, i found in Milan a shop that still sell 3P flashlight new in box but price is still high (aroun 80 Euros) but SF in Italy are very expensive and many models are not available now (L1 is not available). I bought this 3P because i am a little maniac of flashlights from the Mag times and i like the simple an minimal design of the 3P.Please Cy what kind of LED upgrade is your?