You guys are terrible

tenfour

Newly Enlightened
Allow me to introduce myself! I am amazed that there is a whole community of folks interested in flashlights. It's both refreshing ("i'm not crazy afterall! there are others like me!"), and dangerous ("a guy on the forum justified it, so now i can").

For many years i have had a "hidden" obsession with flashlights - from when i used to go caving, to nowadays when i try to find every opportunity to use them.

I thought i was crazy that i was interested in them at all; I can't stop trying to find places to use them. My friends saying "hmm yea so i guess that's bright, what's the big deal" never stopped me either.

My progression was something like:

Maglite 6D
Pelican Stealthlite
... then i bought 4 more for my buddies to use when we'd go caving
Pelican KingLite (now called AquaKing i believe)
Pelican Sabrelite
Petzl Megabelt
Petzl Zoom
Petzl Zipka
... then i realized there were some serious lights out there i had to have...
SureFire U2
Fenix P1
and now i'm patiently awaiting my new Wiseled

And let me tell you, i couldn't have mustered the nerve to shell out almost $600 for a light without your help. Damn you :p

BUT most of all I wanted to say "thank you" first off to:
1) this site and the folks who support it by contributing and paying for it. What a wonderful resource - it's truly the ultimate resource for every aspect of flashlighting.
1) flashlightreviews.com and the folks who maintain / support that site. Again, WOW what a great resource.

- tenfour

Weylan

Enlightened
Oh my god! Hold on to you wallet. Better yet, give it to the wife to hold. Hide the paypal password!

But it sounds like it is just too late...

The people with creativity, and workmanship here is mind boggling!

Your only wish later would be why didn't I find this place sooner?

Then also at the same time,
I have to stop coming back here...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn`t do it...damm it...I don`t even know her name. Hold on...little mixed up...you want to thank us for helping you spend $600!!??? Oh...ok er...your welcome.

Welcome aboard!

Ken

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see you don't mind spending 6 big ones on a light, you might as well get a Titanium light for your collection. Keep in mind that once you hold a Ti light, your hooked.

Here is a small Ti collection

Ti002.jpg

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you hang around here long enough $600 won't last long! I figure I've spent $3k
since March of this year when I joined CPF. And I don't have any exotic's yet. Whew!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way Morelite, that is one incredible collection! Lot's of dollar's there!

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Tenfour,

Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the CPF.

I too love this community and the information here.

All My Best,
John

Freedom1955

Enlightened
Your one sick puppy!;)

Morelite said:
I see you don't mind spending 6 big ones on a light, you might as well get a Titanium light for your collection. Keep in mind that once you hold a Ti light, your hooked.

Here is a small Ti collection

Ti002.jpg

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Tenfour! After seeing what you put into parentheses after why we're "dangerous" ("a guy on the forum justified it, so now I can") all I can say is, "your wallet is history!" Just wait, you'll be seeing many dozens of people getting on the bandwagon to buy a $400 dollar light, and before you know it, you'll be one of them!

Illum

Flashaholic
morelite...you've gone too far:scowl:, the guy states he needs help...and you bring the mclux into the equation:ohgeez:.... I think at $600 might add a couple zeros by the end of the year. geez, thanks alot:rant:

only kidding, NICE COLLECTION YOU GOT THERE! THATS A COUPLE GRANDS OF KA$H SITTIN RITE D'ERE!!:rock::naughty: :wow: :drool: :eek: :huh:

Last edited:

MojoLight

Newly Enlightened
Welcome aboard. Ain't it great to realize there's a whole world of football bats out there!

Gladius01

Enlightened
I'm new member, since I joined CPF last month, I bought Gatlight SS V2 with three batteries and charger, SureFire U2, Rayzorbeam and WideLED Tatical with Accessories cost more than $1000. My only light I got before join this forum is Blackhawk Gladius. Man! I'm become an addict. You guys are terrible.

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that you know the vicious nature of this site, do your friends a favor and never recommend this site!!! HeHe!! I'm just kidding of course....I owe my addiction to a good police officer that threw me in here!! When I look back to the amount of time and money I poured into this thing, I sometimes wish I had never heard about it...or do I ??

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geez,
I have been around here for 4 years and don't have the guts to get a $600 Wiseled Tactical.
I am here to "help" you, to cure your soon to be hopeless addiction that will spriral your life down the tubes... I am here to intervene! Take that U2 and Wiseled and ship it to me so the disease won't spread. A P1 and some Pelicans are fine but in no way will multiple Luxeons or LuxeonV LED lights help you out.
Stick with the beer and leave the hard drugs (Surefire/Wiseled) alone. Next thing you know you'll be scratching yourself looking in dark alleys for lithium batteries and mumbling about 1000 lumens. Stop the madness!
Send me those lights and I can "cure" you...act now and there is no charge for my service.

If not, welcome aboard and stay away from the modders forum! That old 6D will have a milled HA-III head, spiral cut body, custom clickie tail cap, borofloat glass, strike bezel, multiple LEDs and current regulators.

Once you get deeply hooked, ask about the "CPF'er Flashaholic Ramen Noodles Cookbook".