Thieving workmates!!

Scared of the dark

Newly Enlightened
I keep my lights in my filing cabinet at work but forgot to lock it one night. Surprise surprise some scumbag has swiped one of my lights. Wasn't expensive (old 3d mag i got off ebay for a fiver) but i've had it for a few years and it was ageing well(More silver scuffs than black anodising).
Question is what light have you lost/had stolen that means the most to you? doesn't have to be valuable might just be of semi sentimental value.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Where do you work that somebody would actually bother to steal an old scuffed up 3D Maglite? We have Maglites laying all over the place here...

Scared of the dark

Newly Enlightened
Work in a school, but all our repairs are carried out by outside contractors. Thankfully folk look at my G2 and think it's a crap cheapy(until i switch it on)

Bozzlite

Enlightened
This thread is quite the coincidence. I lost my first light just this last week. I was training a new guy at work how to set up and operate one of our CNC lathes. Well, the interior light was malfunctioning so I offered my loaner light so that he could observe the process thru the safety glass window on the door. New guy leaves the floor 45 minutes before quittin time to attend a company hosted GD & T class. I ran the machine the rest of the shift and (forehead slap) left the light sitting on top of it.

Needless to say, it wasn't there the next morning. And no one on the other two shifts had seen it..........amazing, it grew legs and ran off.
It wasn't my best light or my favorite. 2AA Ice Blue minimag with the TLE-5 LED. I hope who ever has it, enjoys it.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bozzlite

How nice of you to hope that the theif enjoys your light. I probably would have wished the plague on them, but thats just me!

Danbo

Enlightened
Bozzlite said:
I hope who ever has it, enjoys it.

That's not the response I would give. I would hope that whoever STOLE it, trips and falls and ends up with the light stuck in their throat! Friggin thieves are some of the worst kind of scum on the Planet.

tedjanxt

Enlightened
Thieves like this are *usually* stupid enough to use the stolen item at the place they stole it.

Keep your eyes peeled, once busted, the perp can be fired for it.

Also, do what I did and invest in an electronic engraver (hell, if you're in a shop with CNC's, most engineers/operators can write a program to engrave it for you, in script even!)

ianb

Enlightened
Danbo said:
...trips and falls and ends up with the light stuck in their throat!

:lolsign:

Oh that really made me laugh :D, but Bozzlite, thats very nice of you, I'd be as Danbo and fuming,

Ian :)

ecnica

Newly Enlightened
I left my Pelican M6 about 2 years ago on a rental car, called the placed and they could not find it in the car or the lost and found box, I replaced it with a Streamlight Scorpion and I sure miss the brighter M6.

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
Very nearly lost a Pre-production prototype BenchMade knife by leaving it laying out at work (my mistake). There was only one person who worked and I asked him to again "look" since it was not where I left it. Next day, he had "found" the knife and returned it! As much as I like that particular knife, due to the "Pre-Production Prototype" engraved on the blade, I no longer carry it.

Luckily, I've not yet lost any flashlights. It sure is fun to let trust worthy people borrow the nice lights though :)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave my Mom an original Arc AAA when we vacationed in Spain last year. It was stolen along with a couple of cameras when someone swiped her backpack.

One of my best friends was dying of bone cancer. I used to take her out twice a week to dinner. She really liked my E2e so I got her one with all the goodies. When she past away it was sold at a garage sale. It was just too painful to ask for the light. I hope whoever bought it is lucky enough to realize what they have and it brings them good luck...

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one of those cheap 7 led lights found on ebay stolen from me by a customer
who sometimes goes to my work. What grabs me is the fact that the guy owns his
own fleet of trucks and has to pinch a half stuffed $7.00 light. Sick puppy?

Danbo

Enlightened
tedjanxt said:
Also, do what I did and invest in an electronic engraver (hell, if you're in a shop with CNC's, most engineers/operators can write a program to engrave it for you, in script even!)

I remember a comedian one time on TV, wondering why people put their names on stuff, supposedly to deter thieves. This comedian said the only thing that did, was to let the thief know who to thank. :D

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate thiefs......karma credit card with charge soon...

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my laptop stolen along with the Peak Pacific inside the case :( Hopefully, the Sony battery inside explodes while the perp has it sitting in his lap blowing his nads off! Then as he flys forward, another cell goes off driving my Pacific up his corn hole!

But, I'm not bitter... a good excuse to get a Peak Baltic AAA and a Macbook to replace those stolen items. I'll pick up the Macbook with bootcamp next spring with (hopefully) LiFePO4 batteries inside.

Would I go to jail if I put C4 inside a flashlight and let it sit out? :(

Topper

Flashaholic*
I had a Tan G2 I am fairly certain was stolen at work. I am fairly certain I know who stole it. I think when the batteries run down and he goes to wally world and sees the cost of new ones he might actually bring it back with a "hey I found this under a crate and thought it might be yours" or at least ask me where to get cells cheap. This person is a suspected thief by many of my fellow workers but has not been caught,yet.
Topper :sssh:

Dijon

Newly Enlightened
I agree with several here about Karma coming back on the thief. I had a couple of knives stolen about 20 yrs ago that still get me boiling, but the guy I think stole them was in the State Pen last I heard. I had to start locking me desk at work after someone started stealing my Dental Floss. You would think a $1 packet of Dental Floss would not be hot commodity.

Anyway, I've always liked the curse 'May your armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.'
buttrock.gif

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
BentHeadTX said:
Would I go to jail if I put C4 inside a flashlight and let it sit out? :(

Only if you engraved your name on the light! LOL

Now that would be an instaflash worth watching. Did someone say "viral video?..."