Fenix P1. Holy *&%$, this is a bright little bugger!

Danbo

Enlightened
Title says it all. Got my new black Fenix P1 the other day, and I can't believe a light this small, containing only one little battery could be this bright!

Somy Nex

Enlightened
WIJLY said:
any beam pics or body shots ? (of the light)

I've a few. click on any for larger version. links to full galleries with more light comparisons in my sigline.

Corridor Reference:

Fenix P1:

Fenix L1P:

Peak Caribbean:

Orb Raw Ns:

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
WIJLY wrote: "any beam pics or body shots ? (of the light)"

Lots of comparison beamshots with both primary CR123A and rechargeable 3.7V Li-Ion RCR123 -
as well as size/head shots -

Fenix P1 - "pocket rocket"

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oct.jpg

Fenix P1 with Large Sebenza.

fenix3.jpg

peace

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, it's clearly the brightest 3W flashlight I have.

havand

Enlightened
chevrofreak said:
You probably got one of the newest production P1's. They're brighter now than before.

Any estimates of how much brighter? I know people estimated the old ones to be 55-60lm. a jetbeam on a rechargeable lithium cell was brighter (estimated to be 75lm?). Has the P1 caught up??? Could someone measure the current draw on their (new version) p1?

GrooveRite

Enlightened
I love my P1. Its my favorite light of my collection because of price and performance.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
havand said:
Any estimates of how much brighter? I know people estimated the old ones to be 55-60lm. a jetbeam on a rechargeable lithium cell was brighter (estimated to be 75lm?). Has the P1 caught up??? Could someone measure the current draw on their (new version) p1?

The old ones were 40-45 and the new ones about 55 per my measurements on CR123a primaries. This was using my home built integrating sphere, so they're estimates, but pretty accurate.

Last edited:

daveman

Enlightened
chevrofreak said:
The old ones were 40-45 and the new ones about 55 per my measurements on CR123a primaries.
At 55 lumens, wouldn't the P1 be even brighter than the L2T with CR123 body? I had read somewhere the L2T is about 50 lumens?

h_nu

Enlightened
Somy Nex, I see you have the CPF special Peak Ranier too. How does it compare to the P1?

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
havand said:
Did you do a measurement using RCR123 cells?

For the old one I do. The new one is actually not as bright on an RCR123 as the old one, which I find a bit curious. It could be due to the Vf of the LED or a change in the circuit or something. I'll be doing runtime testing to see if there are any changes in runtime with the increase in brightness.

My personal P1 on an RCR123 is about 85 lumens at the very start, but dropping off quite rapidly. I think the new one was about 79, but I'll have to confirm that.

The new one also has a whiter tint, while mine is bluish.