Rant: Deadbeat eBay seller won't respond; advice?

goldenlight

Enlightened
I bought a LED 3rd brake light replacement array for my Pontiac Vibe; this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...ryZ43976QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It arrived with *19* of the LED's nearly dead; they are putting out about 1/10th the output of the remaining LED's, or less; they just barely glow.

The seller won't respond to my E-mails. The LED array looked very well made, but over half of the red LED's were basically DOA.

Paypal says they need to hear from the seller, and they need proof the item is defective. what kind of proof? Like I'm complaining because it works? No, I'm complaining because it DOESN'T WORK!

It sound like they are already taking the seller's side. If he won't answer my E-mails, why should he respond to Paypal? He's GOT my friggin' money, after all.

And one think I've been told about eBay: once you leave negative feedback, the seller has no incentive to do anything to fix the situation.

I just want what I paid for: a working 3rd brake light LED array.

Meanwhile, I'm out $60 :rant: :rant: :rant:

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
the guy seems to have excellent feedback, try to communicate with him via the contact seller link in the item page, that way you are sure he receives it, and there is record of the contact.

good luck

Pablo

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do not rush to post negative feedback, there's no reason to alienate seller at this point. You have to give him a reasonable time to respond. He most definately will respond to Paypal judging by his length of time as an Ebay seller. If you can't get satisfaction from the seller then get some person with expertise to "certify" that the brake light is either not new or defective and send such certification to Paypal. I will not get into all the "ins and outs" of what Paypal will or will not do but it would seem that Paypal would find in your favor if the facts you stated are 100% accurate. However, that is not the end of it.

Last edited:

havand

Enlightened
I just got screwed out of about $100 bucks over a textbook. half.com has about the most liberal time scale to get things to you ever. I'm trying to get them to do something, but i doubt they are. Probably going to have to go to the CC company...and they'll probably just tell me they can't do anything :/ I feel your pain. At least you got SOMETHING with yours.