all male?

mikep

Enlightened
Are there any female members of this forum? My wife is tolerant of my flashlight habit, but by no means does she share my enthusiasm for a good light. I know women use flashlights, I just don't know if any are fanatics.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`ve often wondered this myself....be interesting to find out.....is Flashaholism purely a male infliction or what?

grin.gif

mikep

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyclops942:
Do you really think a female would identify herself as one in this arena?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure, why not? I don't think the forum's members are sexist or anything. I don't think a woman would be hit on here.

mikep

Enlightened
Well, come to think of it, Kris, you DO type pretty cute
grin.gif
Sorry, just kidding.
I guess this just seems to be the most 'civilized' of any of the male-dominated forums I've visited (as opposed to gun & knife sites).

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikep:
I guess this just seems to be the most 'civilized' of any of the male-dominated forums I've visited (as opposed to gun & knife sites).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps there's less testosterone associated with flashlights than with weapon-type tools and recreational equipment. I certainly think there's less aggression associated with them.

Nice joke, btw.
smile.gif

Well, there is a certain phallic similarity with most flashlights.
smile.gif

Just kidding, just kidding!

Besides, some of the coolest ones are nontraditional... Eternalight, all the Photon-types, Satcure's microtorch, etc, etc.

ANYWAY... my wife thinks I'm nuts, too.
wink.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
smile.gif
Gadget, what's a Satcure microtorch ?
Did a quick search, but I haven't found a link for it.
This isn't something you made up to fool the unwary is it ??

lite-lover
blush.gif
frown.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

(EDIT - THREE MONTHS LATER ...... doing a search, I found this post again. I just want to make clear that I do read the LED's side, I just happened to miss that topic
blush.gif
wink.gif
)

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:

BTW, why in the Land of Corn, do you have labs making methane?

Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate to break it to you Al, but the "meth" he's referring to is "methamphetamines," not "methane."

(Gee, I hope I didn't fall for a joke by Al.)

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gadget, what's a Satcure microtorch ?

No I`m not Gadget in disguise, but I do know what that thing is.

It`s the 1-cell kit from the UK that everyone`s been talking about on the LED board- the circuit that takes a 1.5 volt cell and steps up to run a white led. The thing that needs those ferrite beads.

This thing-

satcureled.jpg

grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I know no one will believe me but my wife thinks LED flashlights are pretty cool.
cool.gif
She watches over my shoulder as I convert a flashlight from incandescent to LED and she watches each test when it's done. As a backpacker, she thinks a flashlight that's small and runs forever compared to an incandescent of similar size is really great.

Mark

Size15's

Flashaholic
I would like to hope that we have a forum in which the female can openly discuss.

Hope and life work out differently sometimes.

Do we all hope deep down that somewhere there is a female that is interested in and happy to discuss flashlights, and that she will one day make herself known?!

Al

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome back Kris - what lights did you buy with all the extra $$$'s from working so hard ?
grin.gif

Incidentally, a lady friend of mine is on holiday in Cannes, France at the moment.
She phoned me in London, using her mobile at a cafe, to tell me -

"Hey, Jahn, I've just this moment seen my first SureFire - there were three of them !

One was the small silver one !!

And the other two were small black ones !!!"

Sally is cute
smile.gif
And smart too
wink.gif

Naturally, I asked her to make sure she gets full info on prices and range, the name of the shop, etc.

Jahn

[ HI Sally - now will you please look at the topic on voltage regulators, it's really interesting, you'd like it ...... ]