Fenix P1 3-stage...

l1s125

Newly Enlightened
I've seen this mentioned a couple times here on CPF, but only in the context of "I heard that Fenix is going to release a 3-stage P1." Does anyone have any non-rumor based confirmation of this? I think TooManyGizmos may have inadvertantly started a false rumor with his Christmas wish. If that's not the case I would love to know that a 3-stage P1 will be available in the near future. That's something I would DEFINITELY purchase.

Anarchocap

Enlightened
I don't see why it won't happen. With the release of the L0PSE, we all know they can do it for their whole line of twisties.

I personally think it would be dumb for them not to. Honestly, why should any LED light be one level? Plus, given how slow and expensive the competition is, Fenix would really shake things up. Not that they aren't already.

I personally would love to see a Civictor multi-level light. The AA platform is cheap and I prefer it over the 123a. It would make a great emergency light for the car or the home. AA batteries are also easier to find when traveling outside the US.

Haz

Enlightened
There is also a rumor that Fenix listen's in on what we discuss on this forum, and implements some of those suggestions. If that rumor is true, we will see the 3 stage P1.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
If Fenix makes a P1 3 stage with all levels fully regulated and the high level is the same brightness as the normal P1 (around 45 lumens), middle level is about 20 lumens, and low level is 5 lumens. This would be the absolute ultimate EDC. It would honestly be the best EDC on the market and would most likely put alot of the other companies in trouble, so I would think it would shake things up a bit for other manufactures to start actually making some nice innovative lights.

Anarchocap

Enlightened
That is how the L0PSE works. Twist for on, then off, then back on within 2 seconds for level change. I like the implementation. Its a really smooth and simple physical operation. Fenix is really kicking butt on the price-to-performance side.

I have the MM Arc AAA that gets brighter the tighter you twist, and I don't like it as much. The level change is never consistent and I'm always worried about over-tightenting. Plus I can never tell if I have the correct level or not and that is just a two-stage. I can't imagine what a three-stage would be like!

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
NutSAK said:
You must think that the 3-level L0P SE is sheer madness.
Isn't that what we CPFer's are into, sheer madness? I think a 3 stage
or 2 stage P1 would be great! How about it 4sevens?:) Because I neeeed
another light!

Last edited:

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anarchocap said:
I have the MM Arc AAA that gets brighter the tighter you twist, and I don't like it as much. The level change is never consistent and I'm always worried about over-tightenting. Plus I can never tell if I have the correct level or not and that is just a two-stage. I can't imagine what a three-stage would be like!

You have one of my oldest versions which did turn out to have some issues with the 2-stage switch. In fact my 3-stage L0P mod does not have this issue. If you send it back to me, I'll fix it free of charge. My Rev B version of the MM Lux ARC is very sound in design and reliability.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a great offer by MM! It's good to see that old world ethics and craftsmanship have not totally gone by the wayside. I currently have a MM L1P with 2 stage and love it. Oh, and yes, I'd dearly like to see a two stage P1, sign me up for that. Cheers.

Last edited: