Anyone EDC a Arc AAA Exclusivley?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I bought a Cyan Arc AAA and it arrived yesterday. While it is no AWR Nano, its still pretty darn bright. I would say it could probably take care of 90% of most if not all EDC tasks. Not to mention the 4-5 hour runtime.

So does anyone here EDC a Arc AAA and no other lights? How does it do for you?

Reactions: :)>

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a long time, yes but I had a photon freedom as a backup should the Arc go dead in a critical situation. I recently had my Arc Miller modded and now it definitely takes care of the majority of my light needs.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only EDC is my ArcAAA. It's got a Nichia CS led so it's as bright as the current P. It's on my keychain. I don't carry any other lights on my body everyday. I use it about every day.

Lots of light from that 5mm nichia. Anything brighter that I may need, I already have planned for and bring a bigger light along. Or grab one out of my car.

paulr

Flashaholic
I did for a while, but it got a little bulky and now I use a Photon II (white led) and also a red-led Fauxton. I don't feel I need a brighter EDC, if that's what you're asking. If I go on a trip or something though, I do bring the Arc.

GWC3

Newly Enlightened
Arc AAA is on my key chain. I also have photon in my briefcase as well. At office I have dorcy 3xAAA. In car I have 4 lights (24/7, G2, nuwai tx301-5, fenix L2T). Plus extra batteries for each of them in the car and at the office.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased my first Arc and an Inova X5 around 3-4 years ago...I EDC'ed the Arc exclusively for that time leaving the X5 at home most of the time, it was only in July of this year that I got infected with the flashoholic virus and started to buy loads of cool flashlights that were up to the task of outdoor use.

The old Arc-AAA-LE did sufice for any indoor tasks I used it for...only showing it's weakness if used outdoors, but to be honest, most lights in that size catagory wouldn't be up to the task of outdoor illumination.

CFU

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
For the last 3+ years my old standard Arc was my EDC. Occasionally during cold weather something stronger might also be in my coat. Recently, however, the Fenix E0 has taken the Arc's place in my pocket.

Geoff

vaism

Newly Enlightened
Clear blue ocean & windswept coconut trees..
I do!

Initially when my photon freedom came (Thanks to a trade with... hmm. i can't recall :ohgeez: ) , i was torn between carrying the freedom or the Arc AAA. But i finally figured that the runtime for Arc was outweighed the Freedom's ease of use. And it's gets along very well with my keys! :laughing:

xdanx

Enlightened
I had to EDC and Arc P for about two weeks because I sold all my EDC lights to fund a Ti PD. It took care of most of my needs fairly well.

Zigzago

Enlightened
My three year old Arc AAA is the only light I carry on my person. I have a larger light (Arc LS or Fenix L1P) in my briefcase.

The AAA is rugged, reliable, and uses common batteries. There are times I wish it were brighter but it suffices 80% of the time.

I'll be replacing the Arc when I get my AWR Nano; it's supposed to be done *any day now*.

prof

Enlightened
All I carry is the arc P.

(Well, there's an X5t in my bag right now, and who knows what in the car...)

The arc is perfect for navigating the hallways in my building when the power fails, and is bright enough to help get students out of a room (but the X5T's large flood is better for that).

The arc is enough for most uses.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
The ARC AAA is the light that is always with me. I got my first one 4+ years ago and kept adding more to my collection. I carried the same original AAA until the V4 came out. The V4 has been with me every day since I got it. I do have many other lights around but not always on me. The AAA will be the light that gets used first and if I need more light or a task specific light it will be the light that helps me find it in my house, jeep or edc bag. I have tried other lights as EDC and like them a lot but end up with the ARC in hand first.

Seth

Newly Enlightened
Hello PSM,

I EDC my cyan Arc AAA for almost 4 years now on my keychain.

Living in an urban area, I´m still waiting for a single occasion where I needed more light :)

The fact that the cyan Arc is a whole different beast concerning brightness ( if you compare it to a normal / white Arc ) helps a lot.

To cut a long story short, I EDC no other light.

Ok, I could use the photoflash-LED´s on my cellphone, but this requires a lot more time than turning on the cyan Arc...

Seth

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
i find that i've been mostly EDCing my Shiftd modified Lux 1 SXOH Arc AAA.

it's high quality, bright, white, small, tough, cheap/easy-to-find&replace-battery, one-handed, mouth-able and fun.

when i'm asked by non-flashaholics what they should buy, my first suggestion is usually the standard Arc AAA-P because it's something affordable that they'll actually EDC and can personally replace it's battery themselves (unlike coin lights i've given them which folks tend to throw away instead of replacing the batteries)

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You bet. Have had and Arc AAA for a few years now. It's my EDC more often than not.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did for several years ago, now it is either the PD and/or CR ION.....both are great edc lights and both are very very dependable and should last for generations if not lost.

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
Nope

I ordered an Arc shortly before they went out of business (the first time). When I found that the original Photon Freedom was whiter and brighter, I carried the Photon and gave the still new Arc away as a gift. Now that I've found the Fenix E0, with its symmetrical, bright beam, I'm EDCing it now. It's equal to the new Photon Freedom Max in brightness, with more sidespill, and I don't have to think about replacement batteries every time I turn it on, like I was so used to doing with the Photons. Also, the natural HA is very, very nice.