Just bought my first house!!! 56K warning!!! Big Pics!!!

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
:eeksign: I think I'm finally growing up... :oops: I have a nice cozy and CHEAP living arraignment where I have a single wide mobile home on my parents' 6 acres. Well, they decided a few months ago that they are moving further into the forest, so I decided it was time to finally buy a house of my own... I guess it is about time considering I'll be turning... 3... I'll be graduating from my 20s in two weeks. :grin2:

After looking at two or three other places I found a nice 3/1 in an OK neighborhood that fit my budget. So after selling my singlewide I made an offer and just over 3 weeks later, I closed last Thursday. :clap: I took some pictures earlier today and figured I'd share.

Here is the front; it has two HUGE oak trees in the front.

housepic08cl3.jpg

Here's the other tree... I like trees...

housepic09gm4.jpg

There's a small wooded area that separates me from the road leading into the subdivision. This was a bonus for me since I just moved from the woods. This was like I kinda brought a little of it with me. There is a small wetland in there and on the 3 plots that boarder my property and the road. I was told it is a conservation area because of the wetland. I want to put a few walkway in for a nature walk. I also hope to see if one day I can purchase the other 3 lots.

Here's an overhead shot that shows my lot, and the three I hope to acquier in the future.

mylotgz2.jpg

Picture of the woods, and the fence posts I put in for the privacy fence to keep my cats and dog out of there.

housepic01og3.jpg

More posts, and my very own... Primestar pole... I used to install those things. There is about 80 to 120 lbs of concrete at the bottom of that beast.

housepic03th3.jpg

Back o the house...

housepic04rn0.jpg

and again.

housepic05rv4.jpg

Woods close up.

housepic06ls7.jpg

And the side of the house that faces the woods. :grin2:

housepic07kp6.jpg

I know, you're dying to see the inside...

Living Room and front entrance.

housepic10fq3.jpg

Same room another angle...

housepic11yz3.jpg

Same room just the kitchen entryway.

housepic12nn1.jpg

Hallways are never photogenic...

housepic13xt3.jpg

Kitchen with new ceramic tile...

housepic14lv3.jpg

and new dishwasher, range, and microwave. Since when can metal go into a microwave? :huh2: This one has a metal rack in it and... I thought that was a no no...

housepic15ad4.jpg

My future laser arena...

housepic16db9.jpg

The office where my girlfriend will manage our financial empire... :ironic:

hpim0879ei3.jpg

Our future bedroom, where I will manage her... :touche:

housepic18fy4.jpg

and most important, the echo chamber where I will...:toilet: manage myself...

housepic19wy2.jpg

I think I got a decent deal. Atleast with the way the market is. It appraised at 9K over what I paid and all the appliances, minus a fridge, are new, new roof, new AC, new water heater, and when I am done, a new fence. :grin2:

Now the down side is that I am and will be :broke: for a while. No more laser toys, or computer parts... :awman: but if anyone is feeling generous... :candle: I am setting up a fund for my 3... Graduating 20s and housewarming ILDA laser scanner... need. PM me for details. :lolsign: I haven't been able to talk my girlfriend into this last purchase, so I am pan handling ATM. I would like to impress all the kids in the neighborhood by having "Happy Halloween" written in laser on my ceiling or the wall when handing out candy. A nice Pink Floyd show would be cool for the House warming/graduation party. :grin2:

Last edited:

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
Re: Just bought my first house!!!

Congragulations. It is the best investment you can ever make IMHO.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast

First off, congratulations! Good job!

Second, PLEASE add a warning about all the pics! Some of us are handcuffed to dial up and I had to turn images off to load this page in less than half an hour. When I have more time I'll leave the images on and come back.

Congrats again, way to go!

:buddies:

Sixpointone

Enlightened

Very nice and Congratulations! I really enjoy your pictures and it looks like you have yourself a great place there. Enjoy.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Looks like a nice place to hang the hat!! Congratulations! Owning and maintaining a home is a "hobby" in itself for sure!!

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
Thanks!!! Warning added.

I hope to enjoy, after everything is moved, which'll be after the fence... Hmmm, enjoy huh... I should have paid someone to install the fence. That way I could enjoy sooner.

I may open a debate here. During college I had a Entertainment Law class where we had an accounting class, and the professor... heh, instructor that said he does not consider a house an asset. He saw it as a liability, unless you have multiple houses that are pulling in income. He said your house can be an asset once you have paid the mortgage off. I tend to agree with him, as I don't see any money coming in from this purchase but a WHOLE LOT going out. Not that I am not happy to have a house even if I will be paying for it for a long time. I'm just not sure I consider it oneof my current invesments. I guess it is all about perspective like the rest of life. :thinking:

marxs

Enlightened
congrats on the house, a nice one to boot i must add! i love the big oakwood at the front, gives it a really nice homey feeling. I also love the fact that your house is perfect for playing around with lights outside! :grin2:

mark

Last edited:

tdurand

Enlightened
Your house may not be an asset yet, but now you're building the all-important equity. Unless you plan on moving in a couple years it's a heckuva lot better than pi55ing the money away in rent.

Congrats on the new abode!
T

photorob

Enlightened
I'd buy that house just because of that awesome tree in the front yard. Thats a great starter house. I wish i had the money to get into the real-estate market. Houses and taxes are absolutely ridiculous were I live. Everyone my age is moving off of long island because it is getting so ridiculous. Living on long island is like living in southern california with out the great weather. Everything is an absolut ripoff.

Lightmeup

Enlightened
Congratulations, it looks pretty nice. Now, spend some time figuring out where to hide if a big 'cain comes through and puts those oak trees in your living room.

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
Lightmeup said:
Congratulations, it looks pretty nice. Now, spend some time figuring out where to hide if a big 'cain comes through and puts those oak trees in your living room.

BOOOO, HISSS, BAD lightmeup... :ohgeez: I actually love hurricanes but have not lost anything but work hours to them. :dedhorse: :grin2: If we get hit, we get hit... At least I will not be in the single wide tin can I am currently living in. Actually, I was planning on praying to the tree's spirit, and giving it thanks for falling the other way if it absolutly HAS to fall. :bumpit: If I'm lucky we won't see if that one gets answered.

Thanks again for the congrats!!! The trees were really a selling point, all except the big branch over the living room but I have yet to see 100% perfection in anything yet, so I am happy, so far. I should be moving in after the fence is up. Hopefully by next Monday. I start my vacation on Thursday. :rock: As long as there are no "big cains" this week... :eek:

No PMs for the scanner/graduation fund huh? :whistle: :lolsign:

ChocolateLab, you'd end up hating rain here... although if you decide to move, PM me, I know someone who breeds labs. :)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice house! Did it come with the fluffy pooch? :grin2:

Congratulations on your new home. I wish you many happy years in it.

cloud

Newly Enlightened
Congrat's.. well done,
you now have joined the always empty wallet society :ohgeez:

looks a nice place there :goodjob:

MoonRise

Enlightened
Conratulations and best of luck.

Reset the date on your camera to be correct, you're at least a few days off there dude. :awman:

Primestar pole with 80-120 pounds of concrete? Bah, my mailbox base is 210 pounds of concrete in the ground. :lolsign: