How much smaller is the Fenix P1 than a Nuwai Q3?

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that the days are shorter I was thinking about getting a P1 for EDC, maybe even on my keychain. Then I remembered that I already have a Q3 and it is a bit large for this.

Is the Fenix P1 enough smaller that it might work for keychain carry when the Q3 wouldn't?

Is the Fenix P1 enough smaller that it would work better in a tight jeans pocket?

My other thought was to get a Mag Solitair and put one of the new Lambda LED conversions in it.

Bee

Newly Enlightened
The P1 seems a bit thick for front pocket carry. It's 2 cm wide. For comparison, the L0P is 1.4 cm wide (centimeters). It may not seem like a big difference, it all depends on your preference. This is why i'm sticking with AAA-based flashlights for pocket carry.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Left my camera at a friend's, but look at your Q3. The P1 is about as long as the body and tailcap, and as big around as the Q3s butt where it slims down.
Between 2.5 and 2.6" long, and .79" in diameter.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen them in a side by side pic somewhere (can't find it again) and there is quite a difference. The P1 is much more pocket friendly than the Q3 I think.

luminata

Enlightened
I put my P1 in my 5th change pocket on my jeans. its my backup to my HDS. usually I forget its there to the point I almost let it go in the wash yesterday .

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
I have both now, and before I tell you the size difference I have to say the P1 blew me away, It is brighter than my QIII by comparing it inside a dark room, It is amazing

But I have carried the QIII for the past 8 months, I used the clip, then I broke it now I just drop it in my pocket, The P1 is alot smaller, Take the QIII and minus the head on it and minus around 2MM from the diameter and you have the QIII, from where the pocket clip bolts onto the QIII to the switch is the length of the P1, amazing, I now am going to buy the natural P1 and wait on the other version to come out

GrooveRite

Enlightened
luminata said:
I put my P1 in my 5th change pocket on my jeans. its my backup to my HDS. usually I forget its there to the point I almost let it go in the wash yesterday .

Happens to me ALOT aswell, :lolsign:. As I throw my jeans in the washing machine, I realize I dont have my P1 so I start to look through all my jeans :ohgeez:. I carry it in my front small jean pocket.....hardly notice its there :).

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and have the P1 on my keyring right now while the Q3 is sitting in a box at home. The Q3 is a nice light, but my P1 is a little brighter and much smaller in the pocket. I will try to get a comparison pic tonight.

Coop57

Enlightened
I have both. The Q3 was my edc in its holster on my belt. For the last three months the P1 rides in coin pocket of my jeans. The Q3 is now a closet queen.

GrooveRite

Enlightened
The Q3 just looks way too bulky next to a P1.....is it just me?! I have a Q3 but I never though of pocket carrying it.

EricTarini

Newly Enlightened
Fenix P1 (from www.fenix-store.com)
length = 6.5 cm (2.56")
diameter = 2.0 cm (.79")
volume = 20.4 cc (estimate based on length and diam. above)

Nuwai Q3 (from www.shykuang.com.tw)
length = 9.4 cm (3.7")
diameter = 2.8 cm (1.1")
volume = 57.9 cc (estimate based on length and diam. above)

It's over an inch shorter, and almost one-third the volume, and much brighter, with a very decent runtime.

I, too, loved but retired my Q3 (kept in a zippered jacket pocket now), EDC the P1 loose in my pocket, and have the L0P on my keychain, though there isn't any reason I couldn't keychain the P1, except that this way I always have at least two lights.