Alastair got his Degree Result...

Size15's

Flashaholic
For anyone that's interested, I got my result today.
I've got a 2.1 Class Degree in
BSc(HONS) Geology.
grin.gif

Anyone who doesn't know what a "2.1" Class means?
Well there are three Classes of Degree (kinda like grade bands)
1st
2nd
3rd

The 1st is the best and the highest mark which usually means you've averaged over 70%.
The 2nd is divided into an Upper (2.1) and Lower (2.2) with the 2.1 being over 60% and the 2.2 being over 50%.
The 3rd is over 40%. I don't know if you get Honours with a third.

The 2.1 (said "two one") was more then I expected since I didn't do any work [not strictly true ] so that's great!
grin.gif

12 people did my course. 4 got 1st's and they really deserved to because they put in a lot of effort. I believe there was one 3rd and one 2.2 which means I was one of six people who got a 2.1.
This was pretty much the spread we expected although with six 2.1's it maybe a bit better.
Compared to the other Environmental Sciences like Geography, Degree Class Averages for the Geology Department I believe kicked ar$e because we are better.
As a result of getting consistantly high grades over the years, the University is closing the Geology Department. This makes sense to me too!

I'd like to thank all you guys for providing the hobby and active forums that kept me from a pit of drink and almost certainly drugs.
Gotta spend my money on something!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Al
grin.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al is now officially intelligent ......
wink.gif

Hey, well done, Dude !

It always seemed like you really enjoyed your course, and "a two-one Hons." is a cool phrase to just drop into a conversation ...... or a job interview

Sad that the Uni is closing the Dept down.

It's great that this is a new beginning for you.

Bright Futures, dude !

Jahn