Flashlight comes on when picked up?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a flashlight that will come on just by you picking it up?

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently read something here about a light that turns on when it hits the water, also it was noted that this is done by two contacts, which also would trip by using your hand.
Unfortunately I have no idea where I read it..

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try agnusnoble.com and look at the Indium. Closest you will get I think.

I one built a tilt switch into a light and stuck it to the garage door so it came on when I opend the door.

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
Pydpiper said:
I recently read something here about a light that turns on when it hits the water, also it was noted that this is done by two contacts, which also would trip by using your hand.
Unfortunately I have no idea where I read it..

I remember seeing that flashlight in the store. I think it was made by Coleman. It wasn't a very bright light. 5mm LED run by 2D. Yellow plastic with two exterior contacts close together that would be connected by water or anything else mildly conductive.

AlexSchira

Enlightened
Brookstone sells a travel alarm clock with a clear base containing three LEDs that activate when you pick it up. But for twenty bucks, the alarm clock better be top-notch.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the Playskool website. They got some lights with momentary switches under the handle so the light comes on when the kid grans the handle. The Color Glow Flashlight does not count - that one has a start button.

lyyyghtmaster

Newly Enlightened
I've got some color-changing LED floaty plastic bathtub duckies (from a grocery store) that operate that way. One of those could probably be "gutted", so to speak. :laughing:
It messes up with a zero-impedance switch closure across the contacts, though- needs some several kilohms to function properly. Continuous contact with water or a hand causes it to operate continuously; otherwise it shuts off after about ten seconds.

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sharper image has one such flashlight, it turns on when picked up

- Innovative LED flashlight features new carbon-sensor technology that eliminates the need for a traditional on/off switch.

- Simply touch two carbon sensors that run along the top of the flashlight for instantaneous high-beam illumination.

- A sleek aluminum-finish body houses an ultra-bright, virtually indestructible LED bulb that never needs replacing.

- Includes a handy lock button that prevents the light from turning on unintentionally.

This innovative LED flashlight features new carbon-sensor technology that eliminates the need for a traditional on/off switch. Simply touch two carbon sensors that run along the top of the flashlight for instantaneous high-beam illumination.

A sleek aluminum-finish body houses an ultra-bright, virtually indestructible LED bulb that never needs replacing. Includes a handy lock button that prevents the flashlight from turning on unintentionally. Runs on two included AAA batteries. Measures 4 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/2" and weighs 1 1/2 oz. 90-day warranty

$ 7.95

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/product/sku__SR289

HTH
AlexGT

Latest posts