Looking for new Music Bands - Industrial, Synthesized Guitar, Etc.

jtice

Flashaholic
I am finding this hard to explain, but I am looking for bands that have an Industrial, electrical, synthesized guitar, sound.

Some examples are:
Nine Inch Nails
Marylin Manson
Rob Zombie re-mixes

Thanks
~John

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you try amazon or allmusic? They show similar bands other customers like.

Also, try out pandora. It asks you for your preference, and introduces you to similar bands.

How about Faith No More or Mr. Bungle? They're fun.

John Zorn:Naked City

Last edited:

MikeHunt79

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, apparently there is a good band who does industrial called ultraviolence... I haven't heard thier music but I've heard they are good. Also, for stranger stuff, check out the Mars Volta, Mindless Self Indulgence ,and maybe Drumcorps.

Last edited:

jtice

Flashaholic
Thanks Sig,
that site looks good also, been there many times for programs, didnt know they had the music thing.

Ran across a couple good bands so far, will post a list later on.

~John

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say:
KMFDM, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Psychic TV, Lords of Acid, Transmutator, Infected Mushroom(Goa or Psytrance genre, but lots of crunchy hard guitar, a GREAT band).
All I can think of at the moment.

InFlux

Enlightened
Omega Man said:
I'd say:
KMFDM, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Psychic TV, Lords of Acid, Transmutator, Infected Mushroom(Goa or Psytrance genre, but lots of crunchy hard guitar, a GREAT band).
All I can think of at the moment.

I haven't heard Transmutator or Infected Mushroom, but Omega Man nailed it on the others :grin2:

Also check out: Pigface, Frontline Assembley, Front 242, Kraftwerk, Spahn Ranch, The Electric Hellfire Club.

But definitely KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, and Lords of Acid are the place to start.

Skyclad01

Enlightened
Ill add a few more to the list. (Most of them should be to your liking, but I hold no guarentees!)

Skold*, 16 Volt*, Psyclon Nine, Life Cried, Crossbreed*, Gothminister*, Razed In Black*, Sielwolf*, MDFMK*, Swamp Terrorist, Numb*, Fracture*, Decoded Feedback, Cubanate*, Chemlab, Bigod20, God Module, Snake River Conspiracy*, Excessive Force*, Lacuna Coil*, Bile*, Godflesh, Y-Luk-O, Agonoize, Rammstein*, Gravity Kills*, Pitbull Daycare*, Velvet Acid Christ, Zeromancer*, Orgy*, Filter*, Powerman 5000*, Static X*, Hocico, Punto Omega, Leather Strip*, The Electric Hellfire Club, Liabach, Spahn Ranch, Neotek, Die Krupps, Psychopomps*, Klute*, Controlled Bleeding*, Project Pitchfork, Scum Of The Earth*, Aborym*, Sybreed*, Skinlab* Hellsau*....

thats all that I can think of for now (* = Definitely more to your liking)

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, forgot Excessive Force and Front Line Assembly! Adding:
Front 242, Pigface, Killing Joke.
The label Cleopatra has mostly industrial bands, so any band on them should be that type of style.
Also they have a series of boxsets from Cleopatra Records called "Industrial Revolution", which are good compilations.

And like Influx said, the best bands to start with(the best on the lists) are KMFDM, Ministry, Lords of Acid.

Last edited:

Skyclad01

Enlightened
LED BriCK said:
Nitzer Ebb, Lard (Jello Biafra from Dead Kennedys sings with the guys from Ministry)

Lard! Good choice. I remembered another three to throw in: Revolting Cocks, Big Black and 1000 Homo DJ's (they do an awesome cover of Black Sabbath's Supernaut!)

Skyclad01

Enlightened
Omega Man said:
Ah, forgot Excessive Force and Front Line Assembly! Adding:
Front 242, Pigface, Killing Joke.
The label Cleopatra has mostly industrial bands, so any band on them should be that type of style.
Also they have a series of boxsets from Cleopatra Records called "Industrial Revolution", which are good compilations.
I thought about mentioning Killing Joke, but decided not to since thier style tends to change with every other album. Since Killing Joke is mentioned, then I'll have to mention Mortiis. (any of his later suff from "The Smell Of Rain" and after)

Industrial Revolution is a good one. A lot of the bands I mentioned earlier, I got by looking at the other Cleopatra Records boxset titled: Industrial Madness. Another good band to mention is Genitorturers.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skyclad, the only Killing Joke album I've heard was "Dirt, Lies, And Other Extremities", but from what I remember it counts in this thread.

Yeah, the Revolting Cocks "Beers, Steers, and Queers", what a cool song!
And to tie in some bands, 1000 Homo DJs is another Al Jorgensen (Ministry) band.
And the band Two, featureing Trent Reznor(NIN) and Rob Halford(Judas Priest). I've never listed to it, but I remember when it first came out.

Skyclad01

Enlightened
Omega Man said:
Skyclad, the only Killing Joke album I've heard was "Dirt, Lies, And Other Extremities", but from what I remember it counts in this thread.

Yeah, the Revolting Cocks "Beers, Steers, and Queers", what a cool song!
And to tie in some bands, 1000 Homo DJs is another Al Jorgensen (Ministry) band.
And the band Two, featureing Trent Reznor(NIN) and Rob Halford(Judas Priest). I've never listed to it, but I remember when it first came out.

It definitely counts, so does thier CD before that one - Democracy. Those are about the only 2 (that im aware of) of thiers that would count of this thread.

Two isnt too bad. From what I remember they are more metal than industrial. But its been a while since I heard Two, so I could be wrong. Aslo 1000 Homo DJ's also features Trent Reznor (on the song Supernaut). Though he is (mostly) uncredited due to leagle reasons.

chrisse242

Enlightened
Front 242 has already been mentioned, some more are "project pitchfork" (german, english lyrics), "x marks the pedwalk" (old but good), "girls under glass", "Die Krupps" or "Einstuerzende Neubauten". I stopped going to clubs that play this kind of music some years ago, but I still like to listen to some of those bands.

Chrisse

fasuto

Enlightened
Rammstein
VNV nation
Hocico

Also the mencioned:
project pitchfork
Front 242
Ministry

And give a try to "Theatre Of Tragedy"