What single emitter LED flashlight has the brightest spot?

stoven

Newly Enlightened
What single emitter LED flashlight has the highest lux reading (i.e. lux at 1 meter)?

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
stoven said:
What single emitter LED flashlight has the highest lux reading (i.e. lux at 1 meter)?

You might think the winner would be the Led Logic Striker.....(If you read the CPF reviews).... But from what I can see the brightest spot/lux reading is from the Gladius Night-Ops light... I just go by my eye....

I compared them side by side with fresh batteries, at 3 feet, (roughly a meter). The Gladius is much brighter.....
They both totally outshine lights like the P1 and the Neo T3....

Thehappyman

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
A light like the K2-Longthrow or a Space-needle Magmod with a X-bin (Mac's mod, about 2months ago)

Best regards

_____
Tom

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
My WY0S LuxV tower module may be up there too, especially if it were in a 3" turbohead. In my KT1 it is a real scorcher.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
A bright spot you get with a small light source and a big and good reflector. This means you need to go with the LuxIII for now and forget the LuxV ... AND ... you will have to think about how big you want your light :D

The modded Maglite is one hell of a thrower but a bit on the big side if you want to pocket carry it.

A very small light and good thrower are all those 27mm reflector lights using the PR or McR-27 reflector like the Aleph1, McLux-PR, Gladius (IMS27 reflector), LH, ...

In the medium size category you have a lot of lights, and some of the best beams and biggest throw are offered by McGizmo's Aleph3 or HD45 or 27LT lights.

It would be best to define your needs (especially size) first, and chose then. There are plenty of options.

bernie

Aleph1 heads on 1x123 and 2x123 bodies:
Aleph1Series.jpg

Aleph3 head on SF E2e with Aleph tailcap:
Aleph3NAT.jpg

HD45:
HD45small.jpg

27LT:
McLuxIII27LT.jpg

McLux-PR head on E1e:
nexgen1000.jpg

stoven

Newly Enlightened
The LED Logic striker looks pretty bright. Where can I buy one and how much do they retail for?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
btw ... the Gladius gets beaten by any acceptable Mag-Mod and the above mentioned lights, and a LuxV Mag-Mod or ARCmania TM in a KT head will have a hard time to compete, too, if at all. Depends on drive current.

One interesting competitor with a LuxV (X-bin side emitter) would be this one:

PhotonKingI.jpg

But unfortunately, this light isn't quite available to us normal people.
It is the Photon King 1 and was donated to CPF by pk himself and auctioned off some time ago.

bk

cy

Flashaholic
MRX-X3T would probably be the champ!

high dome would be focused tighter than side emitter of PK-1
have always wanted to do a side by side...

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery station sells the striker.....however, it eats batteries, and costs about $110 bucks. It does throw a very white pure light....I stepped off 200 feet..about max range...but maybe 150 to see something real good. Members often sell them on the b/s/t/ thread...it's where I got mine.

If you get one and start using it regularly...get 2 17650 ( 17670) rechargeable batt from AW...make sure you get the new ones with the nose tip...the old style with the flat nose won't touch the recessed plus contact inside the body...you can put a drop of solder on the battery if you get the wrong kind.

You should consider the wolf eyes 9 volt...around $50...it's an incan light, but you can put two 18500 batteries and have a powerful and long lasting light. ( Over 1 hour)

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I forgot...go to Wal Mart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, ect. and get one of the 1 million cp lights for $20 to $30.....THey will spot about 400 feet and last 30 minutes on a charge.