• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED>>>exotic wood mini-mags, second build, MagLED too !!

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
CLOSED>>>
I have decided to offer these truly unique Mini-Mags for sale. Making these is very time consuming due to the exact nature of fitting the wood pieces to the Mag body. These are not sleeves that fit over the parts, like the wooden pens that are out there. Each Mini-Mag has the body and head cut down creating a long groove. The wood is actually 2 halves that are temporarily held together and bored out to the diameter of the grooves in the body and the head. These pieces are then cut to the exact length of the grooves. Once the fitting is complete the wood is epoxied on the Mini-Mag aluminum head and body. These pieces are then turned down on the lathe. The body is just a straight cut across, slightly larger than the aluminum body. The head is first rounded, then shaped by hand to get that tapered look on the head. The pieces are then sanded 1200 wet or dry give a super smooth finish, then a coat of lacquer. A little more sanding – and a finish coat.

The Maglite colors would have to be what is currently available.
They are black, silver, gray, red, blue, dark green, pewter(bronze looking color), violet, hot pink.

MagLED - Silver if available, Black, Gray

( I do not want to do collector colors for this project – every once in a while my lathe gets hungry and decides to eat something)

The wood I have available for this is:

Bird's eye maple, wormy red maple, purpleheart, walnut, butternut, beech, oak, hickory, zebrawood, ash, birch, rosewood($$$), cherry,
cocobolo($), KOA ($$$)

(To get an idea of what these different woods look like go to www.constantines.com on left - click on veneers, then click on flitches OR click on hardwood/lumber then rough OR exotic. The veneers are not suitable for this work,.)

Each one of these will be hand crafted and not like any other

I am going to limit this offering to the first 10 people who sign up. This will be a pre-pay using paypal. Payment with in 48 hours, Paypal info sent upon request.

( Please include you user name with the payment. Also make sure that address is current or verified. thanks )

Pricing –

The first one will be $45.50, MagLED will be $58.50 shipping first class is included, International orders will be priced on a case by case basis. Most countries can be shipped to using Global Priority Mail. This is an additional $3.00.

Due to the high cost of some of the wood. I will add the following to the basic cost.
KOA $4.00
Rosewood $2.00
Cocobolo $2.00

I can take a picture of the light and the wood together prior to doing any work, I offer this because some wood colors will look better with some of the Maglite colors

How long will this take? I have a limited number of Maglites here and most of the wood listed above, some of it in very small quantites. I figure a 2 week turnaround for what I have available.

Questions – Suggestions – send me a PM

The one in the front is Zebrawood on a sliver Mini, the back is Purpleheart on a gray Mini

zebra.jpg

these are KOA

koa.jpg

This is the complete set from the first offering.

done.jpg

Hungry?

fry.jpg

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: exotic wood mini-mags, second build

lukestephens777 said:
Sound good can you do this for the new Minimag LED?

The limiting factor is the availability of the new LED lights, black and gray are available, Silver ( most of the last batch was silver ) in very limited numbers. This is for the 2AA size. I am not planning on doing any of the 3AA.

Separate PM sent..

LiteSabre

Newly Enlightened

Hi Will,

I bouoght one of your Zebra Wood MM last time and i only wished it could've been a MM LED. If you can make one from the new MM LED, than I would certainly want one too.

Thanks,:popcorn:

Monolith

Enlightened

Will, I just ran across this online at one shop. I haven't kept up with Mag posts so this may be old news:

Upcoming Products Date Expected
Minimag LED AA, Black 11/12/2006
Minimag LED AA, Red 11/12/2006
Minimag LED AA, Gray 11/12/2006
Minimag LED AA, Silver 11/12/2006
Minimag LED AA, Blue 11/12/2006
Minimag LED AAA, Black 11/12/2006
Minimag LED AAA, Red 11/12/2006
Minimag LED AAA, Gray 11/12/2006
Minimag LED AAA, Silver 11/12/2006
Minimag LED AAA, Blue 11/12/2006

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a source for the 2 AA MagLEDs - I just don't know how many they have left. If anyone is would like to get a MagLED, please let me know.

The wood portion is a little longer - the basic price will be increased $13.00 to cover the cost of the MagLED. Instead of $45.50 , the led version will be $58.50 for the basic woods - premium woods will be additional.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: exotic wood mini-mags, second build, MagLED too !!

I am currently working on 2 MagLEDs with KOA wood. I will post some pictures when they are done.

Lucero

Enlightened

I bought one of Will's MM wood versions earlier this year and I must say that it was a seamless transaction. I actually received more than I expected. Great job, Will.

Lucero

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was the very fortunate recipient of one of these beatiful mini-mags and they are even more beautiful in person. It looks just wonderful...you will not be disappointed!

Thanks, Will!

JM-99

Lightmania

Enlightened

one silver with zebrawood

$45.50

:paypal:

Lightmania

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

paypal received.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lightmania said:
one silver with zebrawood

$45.50

:paypal:

Lightmania

Item sent first class, delivery confirmation USPS

thanks

Navistar

Newly Enlightened
Re: exotic wood mini-mags, second build, MagLED too !! Closing OCTOBER 30

I'll take 1 gray MagLED with Cocobolo(very dark)
$58.50 +$2(Cocobolo)= $60.50
I need paypal info thanks.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

paypal info sent

thanks

Lightmania

Enlightened

Got the Zebrawood Minimag today. Its absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks,

Lightmania

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

ledaholic said:
Will, PM sent
got it - reply sent

darmawaa

Newly Enlightened

Will, PM sentThanks.