• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB mini-mag LED cut down to hold a 14670***Found***

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
I think the title says it all. Sort of like how many have cut down regular mini's to end up as mini mini mag's.

cheers, ZWF

Last edited:

wmpwi

Enlightened
Re: WTB mini-mag LED cut down to hold a 14670

I do have a extra one. It's hollow but it already has a bored out head and 17 mm reflector. PM if it meets your needs.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have done a number of these - I can even supply a short -17mm dummy in case you want to run a single AA battery.

I made 2 that will take a CR2 battery, lots that will take a single AA battery and just a few that will take a 14670 Lithium battery.

will

rdh226

Enlightened

Ledean cranks these guys out:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=81679

14500 (AA), 14670, "N" cell, red, blue, green, you name it, he'll chop one for ya.

Personally, I find the 14670 (LiIon) size just about perfect, the 14500 (AA) is just
a tad too short for comfy hold. Personal opinion. But the 14670 gives a lot more
capacity, if you want to hotwire it:

http://www.lighthound.com/sales/AuroraLite_hotwire_for_minimag.htm

Have fun!

-RDH

darmawaa

Newly Enlightened

Hi Will,

What color of Mini Mag LED that will take a 14670 Lithium battery do you have? Do you also have protected 14670?

Thanks.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

darmawaa said:
Hi Will,

What color of Mini Mag LED that will take a 14670 Lithium battery do you have? Do you also have protected 14670?

Thanks.

I would have to order any MagLED to be cut down. The Black and Gray seem to be available in the stores. Action Lights has Black, Red, Silver, Blue, Gray.

I do not have 14670 batteries -

Navistar

Newly Enlightened

Fivemega may have some of these left, they are really sweet.

CIMG0089.jpg

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have been in touch with Will. And he has agreed to make for me what it is I'm looking for. That light from Fivemega does indeed look sweet. It however is an incan light converted. The one I'm after is the newer LED version from Mag. I bought a 2AA version and the big thing about the LED version is the reflector. As good as the 20mm IMS is, well the new reflector from Mag is better. IMHO. There is much potential for modifacation with this light. The guys with lathes will likely have a heyday with the possibilities.

cheers, ZWF