• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Interest Post -- Mag Heads that fit SF Bodies

Leef

Enlightened
I'm playing around with modding Mag C heads to fit SF M bodies. Here are photos of the first prototype of the C head on my 2x18650 SF-M body prototype:

Note that there's room for a screw-in heat sink that will transfer the heat to the head and body.

Future prototypes will have the fin grooves machined to progressive depth for a nicer appearance. The final products will be HAd in natural or black.

And, of course, these heads will fit the SF C bodies with a LeefDapter C-M, very soon to be for sale by Lighthound (they were shipped to him today).

No idea of price yet, but these things are easy to make so it shouldn't be too expensive.

Thoughts? Interest?

Thanx. :grin2:

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Leef, great stuff, but I'm confused with "C". I thought you're making SF "M" compatible bodies, and on top of that you're making some adapters to convert these "M" bodies to work with SF "C" compatible heads. Am I correct?

On top of that, are you saying you'll be making some modified Mag "C" heads that would work with your SF "M" compatible bodies?

Thanks,
ernest

jtice

Flashaholic
C cell sized Mag head, modded to fir SF M bodies ;)

Leef,
so its not just a rethreading, theres an additional ring there?

Have you worked out how to use it with any current modules?
Or is a custom module going to be needed?

~John

wquiles

Flashaholic
It is just re-boring and re-threading. The ring that you see in the last picture is the tube showing. But if you notice, there is plenty of threads left to come up with some sort of adjustable/focusable bi-pin holder and/or LED heat sink ;)

Will