Santas coming, whats your light picks for the bag.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always give lights for Christmas...thats my thing and thats expected. Like many, I give away lights that I no longer play with. Ohh but these days it seems like there`s so many people. My first thoughts were to give every one a E0...but when I added it all up...mucho money.

Of course my boss get`s something nice...in my case a 123 adapter for his wedding present...a Fenix L1T...and a few 123 batts (maybe rechargable but not sure which one`s).

But other than that...I need practical lights. I was never a fan of any particular brand...but have found myself in favor of the Fenix as being bang for the buck (any chance Fenix could offer a unregulated, boost only AAA 5mm CS light. And sell it at a good price...maybe $12~$15 bucks?)

Whats your Christmas gifting wish?

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Civictor and a Sharpie and instructions to black out the last 3 letters of the name - to owners of Honda Civics.
For others I'd stick to a Fenix SINGLE stage, an E1 maybe an E0. For my best friend I will transfer the E1 out of the crappy blister package to my L0P-SE gift box.

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few ideas
Since most (almost all) of the people I purchase presents for are not flashaholics, they must be more conventional. The type of light considered to be normal and something that does not need an owners manual to use.
MagLED Minimag Runs on 2 alkalines, adjustable focus, has a holster with it, candle mode and available in many colors. Easy to use, hard to break and available everywere.
Fenix EO for the keychain. Durable enough and runs on "normal" batteries. The cost won't break the bank.
For the gadget freak, a Fenix L0P SE Runs on AAA battery and has adjustable output. The keychain light with bling that won't break the bank but has that something extra.
For special medical people, a Peak Baltic high power Luxeon AAA light in stainless steel, momentary switch and 2xAAA body. The classic medical penlight with punch, durability, waterproof, a pocket clip, Luxeon goodness, regulation and great battery runtime. They can check pupil response with the generous spill beam and actually see were they are going with the spot.
If they need more punch, get a Streamlight ProPoly 4AA Luxeon. Regulated runtime, great throw, very durable and uses regular batteries.

One of the things that most people when commenting on my lights is the batteries. Yes, they are aware of Surefires etc and those "funny expensive batteries". If I handed out say... a Surefire G2 it would be used until it needed more batteries. Then it would sit in a drawer until a power failure--with dead batteries! At least with a AAA/AA powered light remotes etc can be scavenged to provide light.
The only light I have that uses "oddball" batteries is my FireFly III with a lithium-ion RCR123 cell. The comment is at least they are rechargable. My Peaks, Arcs, Fenix and modded lights use either AAA or AA cells and that part is what draws people to the brightness.
It's Christmas, folks are having enough problems with AAA/AA/C/D cells and presents...don't throw them a CR123A curve ball.