1 WATT - 3AAA TACTICAL GEAR LED FLASHLIGHT

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
i had one and i took it back. same as the metal gear. it does have way more grip and a bigger button. the button is the same inside as the metal gear. i would not buy one for the money.if you have a sportsmanware house i would get the 3 watt sportsman ware house brand. it's 39.99 and run on 2 cr123. very good beam,throw,and build. for $10 more you can't go worng. and it does have a two stage tail cap. 72 lumens high and 7 lumens low.their is nothing tactical about the tactical gear.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Magger. If this light performs like the Dorcy Metal Gear and you can get it for $10-$15 and you don't mind the large size or the 3 AAA configuration, then it's probably okay. I've got the Metal Gear is use as a "back door" light and it works fine, but for a bit more there are much better alternatives. If you're looking for options be sure to check out The Led Museum and Flashlightreviews for ideas. Great sites.

Geoff

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
for 15 to 20 it would be ok. but it's $ 30 not $20. i tried to take off the head like the metal gear and i couldn't, so i don't think you can mod it. i would pay $30 for it if had a 3watt.

danielo_d

Enlightened
I bought the Metal Gear awhile back. It sits on top of the fridge in the kitchen. Decent standby light. So, I agree with Flying Turtle.
Danno

[might make a magnet holster for the thing to make it a bit more accessible for emergencies. Hmmm] :thinking:

MAGGER

Newly Enlightened
I WAS ASKING BECAUSE IT WAS SELLING FOR ONLY $18. IT LOOKED NICE TO ME BUT I WASNT SURE IF I SHOULD BUY IT OR NOT. WHAT DO YOU GUYS SUGGEST I GET? IM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SMALL BRIGHT AND TACTICAL LOOKING. THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLY.

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
i think everyone seen the price at 29.99 not 18.00.so i think that is why you got the replys you got, because for $10 more you can move up to a better light. at $18 i would get one,and get some rechargeables for .