8AX Commander or L7 Lumamax??

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone! I'm contemplating purchasing one of these lights but I can't figure out which one. Any experience with either one would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Jason

UKSFighter

Newly Enlightened
They are almost the same light, one is Xenon and one is LED. If you will ever need IR with it, then you have to get the 8AX. The 8AX has approx 110 lumens and runs for 50 minutes. The L7 has approx 100 lumens and will run for 2.5 hours. Both are rechargeable. The L7 is about an inch longer and about 1.5 oz heavier, all of this is due to the LED assembly.

In my own opinion, I like the output of the L7 better.

Are you planning to holster the light? If so, the L7 requires a nylon holster where the 8AX can use the polymer or nylon holster.

Hope this helps.

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help! I'll probably be going with a nylon holster to keep the light from getting banged up in my truck. Think I'm leaning towards the L7 myself. I don't have any L.E.D. torches at the moment and it looks like a good one to start with. :D

iced_theater

Enlightened
I have an 8NX and find it nice and pretty powerful, and will soon have an L7 as well. I'm pretty sure the 8AX will have better throw than the L7 but the runtime is much much better on the L7 and at the same brightness.