Anyone bought a Ledbeam (3) c cell light

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered 3 on a special (free shipping). Flashlight reviews gives 3 DOTS and a 71 throw. Its a Lux 111...cheapo m*g style light. Just wondered if anyone has experience with this light?

Ironhog81

Newly Enlightened
Where did you order them.
I got one in a deal from here and it is a "thrower"
Was going to order the 3 more special to give to friends but the link didn't work for me.

jwl

Enlightened
I have one also, not a bad light. Definitely not the build quality of a Mag but at least they mounted their emitter on a heatsink. It does have nice throw.

Ledbeam Link

Ironhog81

Newly Enlightened
Just placed order for 3 from
http://www.ledbeam.com/
I had tried the other day but link did not work. I hope this is legit again.
I have a couple of people I plan to give them to.
With no cost shipping and less than $18.00 each this is a steal.
Great light to leave in vehicle or around home.
So when people like my Mag coverted LED 3 cells I can just give them one of these.
HEH HEH

Anto

Enlightened
They're legit. I ordered some back from father's day when they were $24.95 a piece. Nice throwers, purple-ish beam tint. They are INDEED a steal for that price.
Unfortunately, I dropped mine yesterday, headfirst from about three feet off the ground. The internal switch, under the heavy load of three C-cells, broke into pieces. :(

Time for a Mag3c, Hotlips, and UWOK Emitter!

My personal suggestion: If you're planning on using this light for a long time as your work/car/handy light, I suggest you build a Luxeon Mag3c. It's only about $30/$40 more, but you're buying a much better built light with a premium bin.

Ironhog81

Newly Enlightened
So I'll save $30-40 when I give these away instead of the 3 3D Mags with LED's I already have. Also good "bait light" to leave out instead. If somebody needs a loaner this will work out and may point them in this direction for better lights.

Nell

Enlightened
I have one and like it. It produces a nice long throwing beam. If you drop and break yours, it is pretty simply to upgrade to almost anything you want running on C cells.

mdocod

Flashaholic
I've got several of these around the house, great beater lights with awsom output for the price. I've given a few away as gifts. My step-dad, who used it every day in a "heavy abuse" type work situation, did manage to destroy it after about 6 months. But in that whole 6 months, he never had to change the batteries, lol.

The weak points of these lights is the switches, and the threads, both are pretty poor quality. But these are heatsinked so well, that they can be driven hard (and ARE), I've measured nearly 5 watts to the LED on a fresh set of NIMH off the charger. no problems with the LEDs in any of them so far.

Macaw

Enlightened
I owned one for a few months, even modded it with a K2 Luxeon. One day it fell about three feet to the carpeted concrete floor. The switch assembly broke and now I have an aluminium tube with a reflector at one end.:mad:
I used to recommend them, I don't any longer.

jwl

Enlightened
Any of you guys tried to get a replacement switch? I haven't but in case I do I'd like to know how much of a pain it is / isn't.

bigmag

Newly Enlightened
My switch had broke on one of my lights. I sent it back in to Ledbeam. They warrantied it and mailed it back to me for free. Haven't had any problems since.

:sold:

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened
Ya I had one for about a week, then it fell of my bed on to the carpet, and I guess it broke the switch. So I just removed the emitter and threw it away.