Heading up north hunting

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heading up to the cabin for a week hunting. I think I have all the lights I may need packed , or anyone in my party will need, lol. I have packed :

2 AA Minimag MagLED - just won it in a raffle and going to try it out
2 SMJLED Modded Minimags
MJLED modded AAA Minimag
Inova X5
Inova X0 (old version)
Inova X03 - Want to compare the new AA LED Minimag to it since they seem comparable in specs
Brinkman Headlamp
Inova X1 - always in my pocket
Ultrafire 602D - in pocket of leather jacket
Sportsmans Guide Lantern - in case the propane lights do not work there is no electricty at the cabin

These do not include what my wife carries in her purse. I generally pack more lights than I will need as usually someone forgets one, and everyone seems to like to have one in their pocket to walk out to the outhouse at night in the dark, scared of the boogey animals I guess, lol. I gotta admit, it aint fun walking into a skunk inthe dark accidently, like anyone would do it on purpose.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
US Army "Rangers Standing Orders"

#1. Don't forget nothing.

Seems like you're in pretty good shape, lightwise.

redskins38

Newly Enlightened
I would also make sure that you have a signal mirrow along with some fire starter. Oh and a good knife. Thats my two cents

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a great week all. GO Tigers.

TB, thanks for the suggestions, but I dont use a GPS I use a compass, we do have two way radios, mostly because my father is getting to the age where I dont want him hauling a deer out by himself anymore.

Redskins, Thanks for the suggestions
smile.gif
. I never go anywhere without a good knife, and for hunting, I generally carry two
smile.gif
, one large and one smaller. This trip an taking the two outside blades from this set I made that I call The Sisters. As far as firestarting, I generally like using flint and steel, but always carry a backup light just in case
wink.gif

sistersandboot.jpg

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck! Muzzleloading season starts this weekend here in KY and I can't wait to bag one with my Omega.