Festool Anyone?

MicroE

Enlightened
Does anybody here have any experience with Festool?

I am considering purchasing a vacuum (dust extractor) for my woodshop from Festool, a German company. Their tools seem to be great, but they are big bucks, so I'm a little hesitant.

In the US their website it www.festoolusa.com

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Bump :wave: for an OLD and un-answered thread!

I've recently been "tooling up" to build some stringed instruments, and invested in a Festool CT Midi Dust Extractor, and their ETS 125 EQ Random Orbital Sander. The vacuum is a perfect size for an apartment woodworker :eek: like me, and the sander is small and light - great for something like a ukulele. :D Final sanding is all done by hand though.

Festool CT Midi Dust Extractor:

583376frontae8.jpg

Festool ETS 125 EQ Random Orbital Sander:
571610frontav5.jpg

Looking at picking up one of their routers as well, but that'll take a while to save for. :crazy: Unless :duck: I sell some flashlights...

The quality of their tools is unmatched. :thumbsup: Highly recommended if you're a tool buyer like me, who saves up money to buy the best tool out there, which will outlast and outperform the majority of the tools out there.

:wave: john

donn_

Flashaholic
I haven't made the move to any Festools yet, despite their reputation. So far, I'm fine with my Feins, but the new Kapex miter saw is mighty tempting. I have to trim out ~1600 square feet of new remodel pretty soon. That includes 15 windows (one huge bay) and 9 doors.

jch79

Don,
Fein makes a mighty fine tool! :thumbsup:
I've been digging the Sawmill Creek forums lately - good people there, and an awesome section on hand tools, which is mostly what I use, since I live in a small apartment. :)
john

MicroE

Enlightened
Wow, jch has reinvigorated a 2-1/2 year old thread!
Nobody ever answered, so I moved my woodworking interests to the Festoolownersgroup.
I did end up purchasing some Festools. The plunging circular saw. The Mini 22 vacuum. A Rotex sander.
They are all top-notch tools and very CLEAN. I keep thinking about expanding my Festool collection, but I need to come up with a big project before I can justify the $$$$.

jch79

Just trying to spread the Festool love! :wave:

MicroE, I'm on FOG too - I go by "herbsandspices" over there.

I wish I had gotten the CT22 instead of the Midi - not that much larger of a footprint, and you can get a re-useable bag for it. Oh well! I'm looking at getting the 1010 router sometime in the next year or so, when I save up enough! :green:

You are a Kapex owner, eh? :eek:oo: :cool: Nice!

john